GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forlan v Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 13:44
Regular
Diego Forlan. After scoring twice against Liverpool on Sunday, if he never scored another goal again, he'd still be forever a hero to Man Utd fans.

But he has scored again. Only a Worth-Nothing cup game, but they all count, as Dudek well knows. Forlan is finally finding regular scoring form, and his confidence must be soaring now. But this weekend will put him to the test. Once again he will be called upon to perform at the highest level.

Personally, I stand by my predication that Utd will struggle to get any points from this game, but should Utd win, and should the winner come from one Diego Forlan, I think we will see Forlan become a 20 league goal per season striker, no problem.

He has the potential. Anyone who's even briefly viewed Forlan's history at Independiente will know that he can really bang them in.

6 goals so far this season may not be the highest goalscoring ratio, but it puts him a far cry from "Diego the Dud" who had been struggling to get anything at any level.

No, Forlan is on form, and after this weekend, he could be right up there with some of the best strikers in the Premiership. This weekends game will be interesting if only to see who scores the goals. Van the man? Henry? Wiltord? Forlan? Solskjaer?

Henry, Nistelrooy and Forlan are all on form. It's going to be a damn good game!
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Wookiee
> ---------
>
> Spartak Moscow were officially the worse team in the Champions League
> this season because they lost every game - the only team that
> Liverpool managed to beat :)
>
> Basle were one of the upcoming surprises in the Champions League and
> were a difficult team to beat.

As much as I hate to back up Wookiee, but of the 32 teams that qualified for the first group stage of the Champions League, Basle were ranked 32th.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:43
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Roughly translated:

Your translation skills need a lot of work.

> Maybe it's just me, but it just won't compute. You're talking like
> it's a foregone conclusion that Arsenal will win the premiership, and
> there is no challenge for you.

I've said no such thing. In fact, I've made no claims as to what Arsenal will achieve this season, and I have actually said that I don't think we'll win the Champion's League. There's a very long way to go yet, and Arsenal may not even end up in the top 5! So kindly stop putting words in my mouth.

> I think you need a reality check.

No, my feet are firmly on the ground, thank you. United have done well to win games while not playing well, but they have been fortunate that some of their opposition have been in worse shape than they have.

Those who need the reality check are those who think that beating these under-par teams means that United are back to their best.

> Arsenal aren't running away with anything.

Have I said anywhere that they are? You've managed to turn the conversation from "are United back to their best" to arguing with comments about Arsenal that I haven't made. Congratulations!

> Imagine, Arsenal hiccup their next
> two games, it's perfectly conceivable they could end up 5th in the
> premiership.
>
> Two games away from not even being in line for next season's
> champion's league hardly constitutes runaway victory.

I hardly think that the next two games will be the final determinant of who qualifies for next years Champion's League.

> Yes, arsenal have a great team, but not so great that you can't be
> beaten - as your record already shows

Did I say we were unbeatable? Nope. We had a great unbeaten run, but that was bound to end sometime. So we've lost 3 league games in what, 11 months?And we *usually* have a good run in the second half of the season. So *if* we're top at Christmas, who knows where that could leave us?

> Get your head out of the clouds.

Oh, don't worry - I'm nowhere near as high as some United fans have been. That's why it didn't hurt when losing to Everton brought us back down to earth.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:23
"Darkness, always"
*chokes*
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I don't really follow football. Just 22 blokes running after a ball. Dogs can do that. No offence.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:16
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Who do you support Skarra?
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:16
"Darkness, always"
Skarra wrote:
> this is on behalf of stuart chapman. man utd are complete areseholes.

Tell "Stuart Chapman" that he is an abhorrent nefarious buffoon. A contemptible, squalid impertinent philistine.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
this is on behalf of stuart chapman. man utd are complete areseholes.
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:09
"Darkness, always"
Are they really?

Why? Because they beat us last season?

I recall a 6-1 victory for Man Utd not TOO long ago.

Arsenal are a good team, but some of their fans should get their heads out of their backsides.
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:54
arsenal are much better than man u
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:49
"Darkness, always"
Congratulations, you have been reported for abusive language.

Have a nice day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.