GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forlan v Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 13:44
Regular
Diego Forlan. After scoring twice against Liverpool on Sunday, if he never scored another goal again, he'd still be forever a hero to Man Utd fans.

But he has scored again. Only a Worth-Nothing cup game, but they all count, as Dudek well knows. Forlan is finally finding regular scoring form, and his confidence must be soaring now. But this weekend will put him to the test. Once again he will be called upon to perform at the highest level.

Personally, I stand by my predication that Utd will struggle to get any points from this game, but should Utd win, and should the winner come from one Diego Forlan, I think we will see Forlan become a 20 league goal per season striker, no problem.

He has the potential. Anyone who's even briefly viewed Forlan's history at Independiente will know that he can really bang them in.

6 goals so far this season may not be the highest goalscoring ratio, but it puts him a far cry from "Diego the Dud" who had been struggling to get anything at any level.

No, Forlan is on form, and after this weekend, he could be right up there with some of the best strikers in the Premiership. This weekends game will be interesting if only to see who scores the goals. Van the man? Henry? Wiltord? Forlan? Solskjaer?

Henry, Nistelrooy and Forlan are all on form. It's going to be a damn good game!
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
> VenomByte wrote:
> You can't go to any ground in the Premiership and expect to win

> WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
> Oh, I dunno - I seem to remember winning a match there last season!

Venombyte is correct, albeit we have beaten you at Highbury twice before last season, doesnt really make a difference - anyone can go away and win but it is harder and you cannot presume that just because you have hit good form that you will win.

> VenomByte wrote:
> Utd are on fairly good form

> WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
> Hmm... your glasses have a far stronger red tint than mine!

4 relativley difficult fixtures with many big names missing and I for one expected us to not pick up much from and 4 wins, i'd say thats fairly good form wouldn't you?
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
> No you're a moron.

Im pleasently surprised you can spell moron
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:06
"High polygon count"
VenomByte wrote:
> You can't go to any ground in the Premiership and expect to win (except
> Elland Road), let alone Old Trafford of all places.

Oh, I dunno - I seem to remember winning a match there last season!

> Utd are on fairly good form

Hmm... your glasses have a far stronger red tint than mine!
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Black pepper?"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> im not an oen either.

No you're a moron.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
At the end of the day, remember that it's an away match. You can't go to any ground in the Premiership and expect to win (except Elland Road), let alone Old Trafford of all places.

Utd are on fairly good form, and however good Arsenal are, they have been very erratic in the last month or so. I think a pushover for either team is highly unlikely, it's too close to call.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:46
I don't think people realise that like you guys have said, Forlan comes from Independiente. But what people dont know is that they are a very good team in the Argentinian league and he isn't a kid from a small team that doesn't belong in the big leagues.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
im not an oen either.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> You go beyond close-minded. You're just stupid.

I'm the stupid one am I? I'm not the oen who thinks Forlan is a good player!
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:13
Regular
Vice wrote:
> prediction Man Utd 5-1 Arsenal
>
> Forlan scores 2 Henry
> Van Nistlerooy 2
> scholes

lol how bias...... we dont have stephanovs in our team.
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:21
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think if Arsenal win at Old Trafford on saturday then the title race is as good as run, a little premature to suggest this perhaps but i just couldnt see them being caught if they extend there lead much more.

I think the score will be 1-1 with many bookings and at least 1 red :O

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.