GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played any SEGA Games Today??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So I did start-off an all-new game of Shenmue, and it's the one game I've been playing mist during the last few days. I'm whizzing through it at top-speed too, while also trying to notice and appreciate all the other little hiddne details and secrets.

I've found out quite a few new things too, mainly different things people will tell you, and the like, you know?
I've also SHATTERED my previous record on the QTE Boxing game in the You Arcade, and I won another Mini-Darts game for getting such a good score on that too.

And when it came to that much-dreaded stealth part of the game, getting to Old Warehouse No.8, it wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be!
On the first-day, I legged it to the door, but realised you cannot open it if you've already been spotted. On Day 2 I tried the more carefull approach, then legged-it, and somehow managed to get past 2/3 guards un-noticed! Much better than the 10+ days it took me to do it before! :)

It's great going back through this game again. You start as Ryo Hazuki, and are actually more-like him due to your past-experiences with him during the last-time you played it. And, of course, you're a better fighter too, meaning that you do much-better in those street-fights.
I'm confident that I'll be able to beat that freaky-bloke in the Arcade this time... GRRRRRRRRRR!! :D

I've spent loads of money this time too, instead of saving it all like before. I've bought all the Move Scrolls, loads of Tapes, and some great toys; including 2 Tails' and one Sonic, and NO crappy little shapes like I used to get all-the-time before though.
Can't wait 'till I start working in the Harbour again - I'll be able to drive a Forklift for real come Aprill this year ! :D

I still love this game, and it's given me some more ideas for Shenmue III with so much knowledge in place...
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
~~~Jet Set Radio!!!~~~

AND (Oh my God)

~~~Virtua Tennis!!!~~~

Both wonderful, amazing, great graphic games.
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:13
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Jsut been playing Headhunter for DC, very, very good. Good graphics and easy to get to grips with. highly recommended.
Sun 02/02/03 at 16:21
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Destruction Racer.

Its a very good game!
Fri 31/01/03 at 19:27
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Solskjær wrote:
All I can say about Virtua Tennis 2 is that it's a fantastic game -
> and it plays just like the real thing, too!
> Well-worth the £14.99 I payed for it brand-new from Australia!
> :D

--Virtua Tennis 2 in my view is the best sports title ever created! Its one of my favourite GAMES of all time, let along Sega games.

....by the way on the topic, i most quickly boast that 1 month ago I got to World Number 1 in Virtau Tennis 2!!! YAY! (I beat king and quenn first time in the level 5 final).... the reason it took so long is because I am doing 2 files of VT2 at once! Absolutely FANTASTIC game!

Solskjaer, you will not be disappointed! Its gets a bit hard, but once you start leveling up a lot, you will be 'spanking' those balls down the line!!!!! Very stress relieving. I wish I could tell you loads more about the season mode, but I dont want to give anything away. You can unlock loads of courts (29 in total I think) and new rackets...... there is a very secret court you unlock at the end, by defeating King and Quenn to get to world number 1... but you will have to wait and see, its very cool!
Fri 31/01/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Both Crazy Taxi 2 and Virtua Tennis 2 arrived yesterday, and I'm thinking of starting a brand-new adventure of Shenmue again either later-tonight, or over the weekend.

All I can say about Virtua Tennis 2 is that it's a fantastic game - and it plays just like the real thing, too!
Well-worth the £14.99 I payed for it brand-new from Australia! :D

Crazy Taxi 2 is also to me a great improvement on the already-great original. Not only does the Crazy Hop make things a whole-lot-more exciting - and the frame-rate's better too - but now you actually unlock new things with the more you do in the Crazy Pyramid. Brilliant!

I don't know which game of the two I prefer more...
All I know is that I'll be going back to my Dreamcast even-more now after aquiring these 2. :)
Mon 27/01/03 at 13:28
Regular
If you do buy Rez, make sure you change the 'lock-on laser' to the Right Trigger and the 'overdrive' [destroys everything on screen] to the Left Trigger - as it's much better than the default setting.

And play it with a Vibration pack - that's essential, as the controller vibes play a big part in the game.
Fri 24/01/03 at 19:22
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> i want this game, but its too expensive!!!

--You mean you have actually seen it for sale?? Where?
Fri 24/01/03 at 15:34
Regular
Here! have my mint copy.

[Just kidding] :p
Thu 23/01/03 at 23:59
Regular
"All about the Beats"
i want this game, but its too expensive!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.