GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played any SEGA Games Today??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)
Wed 16/10/02 at 20:25
Regular
Jet Set Radio Future.
Wed 16/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Remember me?"
I played Sonic 3 yesterday. Brilliant game.
Thu 17/10/02 at 02:21
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
me 2!! but i had sonic and knuckles with it gotta love segas attempt at 3D title screen
Thu 17/10/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Dark Mark wrote:
"I played Sonic 3 yesterday. Brilliant game."

I take it you mean the MegaDrive game?
That was a classic.
Shame you don't get new games like those anymore. :(
Thu 17/10/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
Jet Set Radio Future on X-Box - Fantastic game!!
Thu 17/10/02 at 21:45
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> Jet Set Radio Future on X-Box - Fantastic game!!

Glad you like it. It's one of my favourite games.
And apart from the story mode, there's the street challenges and the time trials - it's a massive game if you want to unlock and complete everything.
It took me 60 hours to do everything.
Fri 18/10/02 at 14:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Shenmue II again last night.
Couldn't believe I hadn't played this game since Sunday though!

Got to the very top of that old, run-down building to meet Yuanda Zhu - FINALLY! Took me long-enough too! I wizzed-across the planks on the lower-floors 1-9 within about 10 minutes, but it took me over an hour to do both planks on the 10th floor, and Ren just came along and I got REALLY annoyed with this game!! I could see something like that was gunna happen....! :@

You FINALLY get there, and what happens?? Dou Niou turns-up and you realise you've just wasted all that time and effort!
God knows how the HELL those planks could hold his weight!!! :S

And for some reason I could predict that Lishao Tao would turn-up to save you from the fat man... I just knew it....

And that stealth part, following Yuan, that got quite annoying after she accidentally spotted me several times when I thought you were trying to sneak-up on and attack her!

Such an incredible gaming experience though!
Now i've gotta sneak into some building to save Zhu from Lan Di or something... :S
Training really does make a difference in Shenmue.
You get to do it all the time in the first game, but never in this one.
And when it comes to the big fights in No.II, you just can't do it!
Fri 18/10/02 at 15:46
Regular
Don't forget that you can *save anywhere*. Certainly helps on those frustrating plank-walking bits.
Sat 19/10/02 at 21:43
Regular
"Remember me?"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Mattyboy wrote:
> Jet Set Radio Future on X-Box - Fantastic game!!
>
> *
>
> Glad you like it. It's one of my favourite games.
> And apart from the story mode, there's the street challenges and the
> time trials - it's a massive game if you want to unlock and complete
> everything.
> It took me 60 hours to do everything.

You might have persuaded me to buy an X-Box there, Nomad. Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast is one of my favourite games EVER. I was just disappointed about the fact that I completed it far too quickly. But if Jet Set Radio Future has as much to unlock as you say it does, then it might be time for me to shell out on an X-Box and a copy of JSRF.
Sun 20/10/02 at 09:31
Regular
Dark Mark wrote:
> You might have persuaded me to buy an X-Box there, Nomad. Jet Set
> Radio on the Dreamcast is one of my favourite games EVER. I was just
> disappointed about the fact that I completed it far too quickly. But
> if Jet Set Radio Future has as much to unlock as you say it does, then
> it might be time for me to shell out on an X-Box and a copy of JSRF.

JSRF was the main reason I bought an XBOX. JSR on the DC is one of my favourite games too.

JSRF is a huge game, and I wasn't lying when I said it took me 60 hours plus to complete and unlock everything. It took Mantis (JSR fan in the Xbox forum) 45 hours, but I think he was peeking at a walkthrough.

The story mode is definately longer than the original JSR, but what takes the bulk of the gametime are the excellent *Street Challenges* where you have to complete 6 trick/exploration-based challenges in each area.

And to unlock every skater you've got to get a JET rating on all the Time Trials.

If you're a fan of the first game, and you have the money, it's definately worth buying.
Personally I think SEGA should've released it on the GameCube. On the XBOX it hasn't sold very well. I'm sure it would sell by the lorry-load on the GC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.