GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played any SEGA Games Today??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)
Thu 08/05/03 at 00:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Not oday folks. But recently being playing Initial D in the arcades. It gives you a wee save game card an everything! It also explains why I never have any pound coins anymore.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:12
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Well ive been playing on (not a sega game, but on sega console) EA Hockey, the best game around period!

Kept me off Zelda for two days!

Simple controls
Simple gameplay
Awesome Fun

..also has fighting, if you do a bad foul. Often me and my mates dont play by how many goals we score, but by how many fights we won .
Tue 06/05/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
My Shenmue 2 arrived today [thanks SR]. Haven't played it yet - already have the Dreamcast version - but I'll be getting reaquainted with it over the next few days, weeks, months.

Been on Panzer Dragoon Orta and House of the Dead 3. Er, and played through the last area of Rez [my favourite SEGA game ever].
Tue 06/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've recently got back into my Dreamcast - again - and back-on with MSR - a game I've barely-touched since I first got my Dreamcast, almost a year ago, now!!

I was terrible at this game, at first - but now I seem to be getting on with it better-than-ever! Perhaps it's got something to do with the realism of this game, coinciding with my driving lessons, in reality?

Virtua Tennis 2 is a real pain, though...
I'm so bad at this game! I can't even complete it on Easy mode!!
I get to the Final round, and throw it all away with some stupid mistakes, or over-hit vollies. Maybe I should try playing as someone else, other than just Tim Henman??

Oh, and the women are all terrible at playing, I find! :)
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:22
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
That would be nice but probably not cos**t-affective for anyone, well, whoever relises Shenmue 3 ( mos**t likely XBOX as it will look lush and will come with the potential of the hardrive)Any kind of add-on is allways dody, PS2 and Gc for their add-ons in the from of the modems, bloody sh*t s**tabbers! Dc had 1 built in! tight bars... anyone looking foward to shenmue 3, want it to be on Gc or ps2, would have prefered it to be on Dc but,...........well.................f**%!?
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm hoping that if the third game is released on the X-Box, that some developer comes up with a thing that allows you to upload all your past Shenmue Save Game Data from a Dreamcast Memory Card, onto the X-Box's Hard Drive.

I doubt it's impossible...

If you can link-up GameBoy's to Nintendo's home consoles, then surely something can be done about this?
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:01
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
What is the point in the Japanese woman, the 1 in the temple ( im really soory for not nameing her but i aint played Shen 2 4 ages :( )
teaching that , what loooks like a really good move just before ya meet Shenhua and dont enter another fight after that! I rember when Dc was failing when Shenmue 1 came out and 2 came out when the dc was about to hit the bucket, ya would have thought they could take this out cause whenever i master movers, complete my capsule collection it allways makes me sad when i rember that shenmue 3 will NEVER be released on Dc where i could fiddle around with allthis once more, Damit. Its not bloddy fair!
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I completed Shenmue II for the second time last-night, and once again I feel kind of sad that the game is over, and that I have nothing else left to do with the Shenmue series - untill the 3rd game arrives, that is.
I miss it, but I don't feel like going all the way through both games again. I want a change. Time for some other Dreamcast games, and my GameCube, too.

But who's to say there will even BE a third Shenmue game??
At the end of Shenmue II it says "And the story goes on...", where as nothing like that was at the end of the first game.

I'm worried now... :S
And it hasn't even been confirmed by Yu Suzuki himself yet, has it?

But it felt great finishing-off Dou Niou once again with the Counter Elbow Assault, and on only my second fight with him, too.
And I pretty-much shot up that Yellow Head Building at the speed of light - barely even stopped for anyone. Except to shut Yuan up, once and for all.

And there's a part where Ryo's talking with Shenhua in Guilin that made me laugh. Shenhua asks him something like: "Do you have cars where you come from?", and Ryo replies: "Yeah. I got rides."
Good old Japanese-to-English translations, eh?! :)
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:50
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Dont go in the Yellow head building, unless you want to complete the game straight away. I couldn't find any car capsule toys! or animals lol.
Mon 17/02/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yep, that's the one!
I think it's his Japanese thug-like voice that really does it for me. It sounds so bloody rediculous for a game that you can take so seriously.

I don't see how neither Ryo or Ren can harm him though. Anytime before the last bit of Disc 3, that is.

I beat off all 3 of those fighters, like the Scout wanted me to, and I'm not ready to enter in through the Yellow Head Building - again.
I've been trying to put it off though, this time, mainly because I know this is the end of Disc 3, and my time in Kowloon.
And also, it does get kinds boring going-up floor-by-floor, too.

I also went on a mad spending-spree with the Capsule Toys the other day, and can't seem to get anything new from the Sonic machines, the vehicle ones, or the ones that have toys that are part of Kowloon.

I still enjoy this game, though. :)

Does anyone else think that Ryo Hazuki should be a secreat character in the nexr Virtua Fighter game? You know, just like Link will be in Soul Calibur 2. After all, the original Shenmue game was set to originally be a 'Vrtua Fghter RPG' title (I also read somewhere there was one of those in the works somewhere, along with Shenmue III).

I'm still pretty bad at Crazy Taxi 2 and Virtua Tennis 2, also.
Even on Easy mode, I can't seem to beat that last man in the Final!
But I unlocked the Pram in Crazy Taxi... That made me laugh! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.