GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played any SEGA Games Today??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)
Thu 08/08/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yesterday I was working through Sega GT. It's the first time I've had a really long session with it, and just discovered that as well as time trials and normal races, there's drag racing in there too which is good fun :).

Getting hold of the works cars in Licence mode is particularly difficult, so that's a challenge for later, I've started with a secondhand Beat car and found that by doing the easy sponsored races at the start (MacDonalds, Excite and Penzoil), you get extra bonus money from them everytime you win a race thereafter, which makes gaining more cars much easier than in the Gran Turismo series.

I also had a bash on Urban Chaos, which has to be the most glitchy game ever produced on the Dreamcast. The slowdown is so bad that it makes the game unplayable. I'll configure the controller next time I try it, because trying to pull off a triplekick combo using a trigger button is practically impossible.

I've got an itching now to play Speed Devils, possibly the most 'fun' racer in ages, the music itself makes the game worth playing, because it fits the mood perfectly for each track. Again this game suffers from the odd bug (some of the challenges are flawed, for example you bet an opponent that you can beat him in a particular race, but on a reverse track it tells you you've failed as soon as you've started, very annoying). Or maybe I just read the bet wrong, but I don't think so.

Other gaming goodness on the DC that I've got to get around to playing again includes Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Ready 2 Rumble (funny game, makes me laugh), and of course the mighty Sega Bass Fishing, the thinking vegetable's alternative to golfing games.

And the funny thing is, you can't tell if you're playing on a DC or a PS2 after a while, because the graphics still look great on both consoles.
Wed 07/08/02 at 19:44
Regular
My best scores on Crazy Taxi are (approx):

Arcade City: $63,000
Original City: $88,000

Can't wait for CT3.
Wed 07/08/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Crazy Taxi again for me last night.
Love this game! :)

In 10 minutes I managed to earn around $4,500,000 and got an A ranking.
Still, I can finnish no higher than 21st when playing by the Arcade rules.

I also need to work on my turning of corner in MSR.
I keep on losing WAY too many Kudos by smacking into the sides! :S
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:23
Regular
I played Crazy Taxi 2 round Nomad's house and got $52,000 on Small Apple. Took over an hour. Oh I am a master.
Mon 05/08/02 at 20:50
Regular
Thegerrid wrote:
>It is continued in Shenmue II, but CD 4 of Shenmue II is the biggest let down, especially after the fantastic CD3.

CD4 might have been a bit actionless, but I thought it was truly beautiful - amazing natural landscapes. And when Shenhua led Ryo to the field where the flower buds were blown all around I had a tear in my eye.... well, not quite, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, today I've blasted through area 5 on Rez (awesome) and played a couple of high-score time trials on JSR.
I've also played JSRF on Xbox, but I'm not supposed to mention that. :)
Mon 05/08/02 at 18:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have said it before, and I will say it again; Shenmue rules. The feeling you get when you play the game that makes you feel like you are part of something special. It is continued in Shenmue II, but CD 4 of Shenmue II is the biggest let down, especially after the fantastic CD3.

I hope you realise the greatness of Shenmue and search out the sequel, because you won't regret it.
Mon 05/08/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I got my Dreamcast today. :D

I've been playing Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, and MSR (aswell as some Demo Disc games) for most of this rainy-old day since about 9:30 this morning.

I love all these games - especially Crazy Taxi and Shenmue.
It's a shame that my Shenmue CD1 is damaged, so i'll have to send the CD back though. :(

I can't put Crazy Taxi down though - love that game! :D
Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.