GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - first impressions..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Page:
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:26
Having fun guys?
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Vottanator wrote:
> 1) I need an ability sphere urgently!
>
> You can find 4 at once later on after you have finished at the Temple
> of Djose, there's a chest in the road on the way to the next Temple
> (just before the Moonflow) that has them in it.
>

Yeah I managed to get 2 during a fight with 2 of those stone gazing snake things. I got the "Extract Ability" move for Wakka and now I have plenty of ability spheres. Those 4 in the chest added to my total. :-D

Then there's that Luck Sphere I've
> yet to find.

What luck sphere? Is there only one in the game!?! Or do you need a luck sphere to raise your luck like me? I gave up and just moved on my character. He was falling behind and very weak in battle compared to my other fighters so I just left it. Still, I may go back if I find another luck sphere.

I'm at the Shoopuf bit at the moment. I saved it there and now I am revising. After this post. :-D

Oh and whoever it was who wantede help at Djose temple........

Take the first 2 spheres off the wall and put them into the door. Then take 2 spheres from anywhere in the next room and place them in the 2 holes in the short corridor on the right. This will fire up some sort of thingy majig. Then put the last sphere into the pedestal thing and push it under the thingy majig that I mentioned earlier. It will make this sphere ultra shiny! Place the ultra shiny sphere in the slot to the right of glyph door. This will open the way. Take the 2 spheres out of the wall that powered the thingy majig and place them both in the pedestal. Then push the pedestal through the door and into the electricty. It will float. Your guy will then jump onto it and onto the other side. Push the new pedestal into the wall. Then turn back and jump over the electricty again. Step onto the reset switch for the pedestal (in the short corridor on the left this time) and take the 2 spheres back out of the pedestal. Put them into the slots that you removed the first spheres from (in the previous room). Then take the ultra shiny sphere out of the wall (letting the door close) and put it in the slot on the opposite wall. Then a lift will appear on ythe floor. But don't step on it yet. There is a glyph on the wall in the short corridor on the left (where the reset switch fdor the pedestal is). Touch the glyph and it will open. Pick up the destruction sphere that is behind it and then walk onto the lift. In the new room, push all 5 pedestals into the walls and a doorway will open. However, before you go through the doorway (and up the stairs) put the destruction sphere into a slot somewhere (can't remember where but its easy to see). It will blow up a wall and reveal a chest which contains a magic sphere (for use on the sphere grid this time).

Hope that helps.

Now if you don't mind, I'm getting back to my revision. God this is sooooo boring!!

And Jecht actually said "Why do today what can be done tomorrow?" That's my motto for maths goddammit, just worded slightly differently. "Anything that can be done tomorrow, doesn't need doing today!" And Jecht said that just as I was about to turn it off and revise. But I played on. NOW I REVISE! :-D
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh and what are everyone's Aions called?

My first one is called Jesus. My Ifrit is called Allah. And my Ixian is called Raiden (the thunder god from Mortal Kombat - very suitable). I think the next one shall be Buddah. Or God. Then again, Allah is the same as God whereas Buddah is almighty. Apparently.

And Tidus is called Ross, because....well, you figure it out.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
E lyh huf ihtancdyht Al Bhed!!

;-)
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Best bit in the game so far:

Switched Yuna into a battle to replace Tidus and she runs into the front line and says: "Lots of fiends, ya?" in an impression of Wakka. Then Lulu gets snobbish and replies: "Don't talk like that!"

/goes back to the game
Sun 26/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
"¬_¬"
Ym Prat ec dra knadacd myhkiyka eh dra funmt. Ruf syho uv druca dnyhcmydeuh puugc nyj oui kud?
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Poo Wee"
it crap
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Poo Wee"
because it has no spyro's in it
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Wow, thats the best thing i read on here all day.

At least your honest i suppose.
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:43
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Wow, thats the best thing i read on here all day.
>
> At least your honest i suppose.

You seem to be running out of cliches there. You said the esame thing twice in 2 days :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.