GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - first impressions..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Page:
Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
"360: swfcman"
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Fri 24/05/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, I'm actually very impressed.

I hates FF7 (what I played of it anyway) so I didn't have too high hopes for this. I claimed it as a GAD just because evryone said it was gonna be great and I thoguht the story would be good.

I'm finding it quite enjoyable at the moment. A bit too many cut scenes, agreed but the fights are more fun than I thouht they'd be.
Fri 24/05/02 at 19:10
Regular
I'll post mine tomorrow...so far I'm ambivalent...
Fri 24/05/02 at 19:15
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Vottanator wrote:

A bit too many cut
> scenes, agreed but the fights are more fun than I thouht they'd be.

Its just that, so far, every fight i have done i either kill each little bad guy in one slash or the fight never ends because it skips off to another cut scene when tidus just runs away or something.

Saying that though, its still very early days and i guess thats its only the start of the game.
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:54
do any of you want to join in my FFX League? All you Have to do is send your levels, hp, mp characters and how far you are to me, and i will award you points and put you in my league, pretty cool huh, you get to see who is the best!
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well I would like to finish my AS level exams before buying this game because I know how much time its going to take out of my social life (not that I have one mind :) ). I think I will go and purchase it next friday and then I will have a whole week so I dont get distracted by schoolwork.

I just think I will lvethe game-because I loved all of them. I love FF6 as much as any other top notch ps2 game-because of its feel and its spirit. This is what I am expecting from FF10
Fri 24/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've played Final Fantasy X for nearly 8 hours and my immpressions so far?? (spoiler free)

Classic in a word, ok I admit because of the delay it's gone from being AMAZING to just 'great' but it's still a must have game. The graphics are incredible (not to mention the facial animation and FMV) and apart from the borders, The american accents and the stupid sticker on the front that left an unforgivable mark it's BRILLIANT :-)

I think I'm roughly about half way through and the whole story of Tidus comes together, the difficulty level increases and Blitzball rocks (once you get the hang of it). I don't think I'll be playing anything else until the end, It took 2-3 hours to properly get hooked and I admit the first half an hour or so had me in dissapointment, I'd gotten used to the Japanese voices and was after them with english subtitles and how friggen hard is it to put a 60hz switch in :-(

but overall ANOTHER PS2 CLASSIC :-D
Fri 24/05/02 at 23:21
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Erm, you have completde half the game in 8 hours? Then its almost as ashort as MGS2....Surely after 8 hours you are just getting into the game properly
Sat 25/05/02 at 02:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've playes the FFX demo. It was very good. The fighting seems better for some reason... not sure why. There's a lot of new structural elements.

I can't comment on the story, obviously, but it looks good from what I've heard. Obviously, the graphics are excellent, but for once that matters. A lot of FF[7-9] was walking around and searching. The PS2 has speeded this up, and made it prettier, which can only be a good thing.
Sat 25/05/02 at 09:34
Regular
"  "
Triple_H wrote:
> Erm, you have completde half the game in 8 hours? Then its almost as
> ashort as MGS2....Surely after 8 hours you are just getting into the
> game properly

Precisely what i was thinking. The games meant to be the longest yet which means at least 70 hours of play. Jesus christ man...this is Final Fantasy...not Jak and Daxter.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.