GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - first impressions..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Page:
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its getting better it is.

Starting to like it alot more now things are getting a little more tougher, and starting to make a little sense. Still need to play it much more though.

But there is the whole weekend yet.
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:37
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I got my copy of FFX in the post yesterday.
(It was a free GAD..thanks SR!!!)

I have only played half an hour or so and i think that so far things look very promising. However, i have law degree exams for the next two weeks and have vowed that i will not touch the game again until my final exam is over.

Don't feel too sorry for me though... after these exams i get a huuuuggggee 3 month summer with nothing to do until early October but play Final Fantasy!
Sat 25/05/02 at 15:27
I'm in the middle of my A levels at the moment so I've decided not to buy ff(4/5) and 10 unitl I've finished them (25th June) because as soon as I play ff I'll be hooked and ruin all I've worked for. I'm not even 2 hours I dont think through ff6 and I'm even taking my time through it to appreciate it so I way behind everyone.

As soon as I've finished my exams I'll finally be able to lock myself in my room and play 4 unplayed ff games!!! I've got withdrawl symptoms - the concept of over doubling my collection from 3 to 7 is overwhelming.
Sat 25/05/02 at 15:35
Regular
i thought it was brilliant, the scene in those watery ruins when the monster attacked was quite good and the bit with Rikku was reall fun adn original.
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:30
I claimied it for GAD w while ago and it hasn't arrived ye :S I know its very soon but last time I preordered a game it arrived on the morning it was released so Im a little worried :S.
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
I havent got it yet but I really enjoyed playing the demo! Might try and pick up a copy next week!
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
The demo of it was quite long wasn't it?
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Whatever!"
ßlade wrote:
> The demo of it was quite long wasn't it?

I believe so!
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:43
Regular
That flying thing that you could call during a battle was quite cool :D
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I really do love this game now.

Blitzball sucks at the moment since I can't win a game. And I don't think it's that I'm crap either, It's actually impossible to win until I get some better players.

The weird talking team have a goalie with 18 blocking points. Tidus has 10 for shot accuaracy and that's my best player. So you see, it is actually IMPOSSIBLE to score!

Then again, I have only played one game other than the game you have to play. I lost that one 3-1 the first time but thought I could win so I retried it and lost 3-0. :-D

Auron is the man!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.