GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next Freeola Meetup @ Bridgend, Wales (21 Suicides)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/08 at 21:29
Regular
Sorry couldnt resist. =P But seriously, what the hell is going on? Why are 17 people hanging themselves in the same area? And why is the Daily Mail saying it's heavy metal and video games to blame?

Why are the police downplaying the deaths and saying they're unrelated and why are the parents keen to get rid of the media coverage? Are they worried it'll just encourage more kids to commit suicide? That's ridiculous, we all had a tough time growing up but none of us ever contemplated suicide. There's something weird going on in the South of Wales and I'm certain this mornings suicide won't be the last.

17th Suicide discovered this morning

What do the rest of you think?
Wed 27/02/08 at 16:25
Fri 22/02/08 at 13:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
If i have i dismissed it pretty quickly. I dont like the idea of any outside interference restricting or controlling how i behave, because you cant moderate it. I'm pretty much against drugs for that same reason. What i have found helps sometimes are sleeping tablets, they dont work in the normal but they relax me and i still feel like myself, unlike with meds.
Fri 22/02/08 at 10:04
"possibly impossible"
Nin, I'm interested in knowing if you've ever tried or thought about trying alternatives to medicine, such as Hypnotherapy?
Fri 22/02/08 at 06:31
Regular
"cachoo"
hippyman wrote:
> My theory is it is down to demons. It'll probably get laughed
> off this place, but noticed some signs of it coming.

Nono. Could you explain a little more pleashe?
Thu 21/02/08 at 20:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Nin wrote:
> Courtesy
> of The Daily Mail

Crude, but I like it.

My step-brother just saw it and is still laughing
Thu 21/02/08 at 20:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Thu 21/02/08 at 19:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
My theory is it is down to demons. It'll probably get laughed off this place, but noticed some signs of it coming.

But been to Bridgend several times visiting family and it is slightly depressing... but then again, my hometown of Yate isn't much better! I just want to know how they will link this to videogames this time!
Thu 21/02/08 at 18:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Marzman wrote:
> That’s the first real sign of insanity I’ve seen from you.
> Whenever I’ve been in Wales, Scotland, Ireland it’s like there’s
> actually space for you to think (clearly and somewhat more purely
> anyway).

I'd rather keep busy than have time to myself to think, or at least thats how it used to be. I could probably tolerate Wales a lot easier now because i'm older and i have the pc to keep me in touch with the world, whereas it left me isolated before.

> However it's drowned out by all the
> noise, created by people, which is probably why I hate living in
> London so much.

Ah now you see, i love that aspect of it most of time. Its a place that can wake you up. On the other hand, if you're in a bad mood it's a really bad place to be.

> I got into a heated debate due to my views on mental illnesses
> before, and it turned into a ‘whose got it worse’ contest, which
> was very unproductive.

Urgh, i hate those conversations.

> I thought I
> was bad only going out a couple of times a month, but you put me
> to shame.

I'm not majorly concerned with it at the moment because there's no great anxiety about leaving the house. If that kicks in again i'll start taking medication because thats not acceptable.
Thu 21/02/08 at 18:29
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> Marzman wrote:
> No, worse than that, nort' london town
>
> I've lived on the Welsh border, i currently live near Heathrow.
> I'll pick London over Wales anytime.

That’s the first real sign of insanity I’ve seen from you. Whenever I’ve been in Wales, Scotland, Ireland it’s like there’s actually space for you to think (clearly and somewhat more purely anyway). You missed an important word from my post before, majority; as of course not everything is crap. There’s an under current, of what I consider to be truth, that goes back thousands and thousands of years. However it's drowned out by all the noise, created by people, which is probably why I hate living in London so much.

I got into a heated debate due to my views on mental illnesses before, and it turned into a ‘whose got it worse’ contest, which was very unproductive. So all I’ll say is that I know what’s like to loose loved ones, friendships, relationships and jobs but when it comes down to it individuals do not fall apart. You might want to work on the reclusive phase though. I thought I was bad only going out a couple of times a month, but you put me to shame, proving the internet isn’t all bad as that’s a victory (however hollow).
Thu 21/02/08 at 17:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Probably not a good sign that 4 of them were for appointments then?
I've got to go out on Sunday and pick up my sisters pc. I'll be glad to get out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.