GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next Freeola Meetup @ Bridgend, Wales (21 Suicides)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/08 at 21:29
Regular
Sorry couldnt resist. =P But seriously, what the hell is going on? Why are 17 people hanging themselves in the same area? And why is the Daily Mail saying it's heavy metal and video games to blame?

Why are the police downplaying the deaths and saying they're unrelated and why are the parents keen to get rid of the media coverage? Are they worried it'll just encourage more kids to commit suicide? That's ridiculous, we all had a tough time growing up but none of us ever contemplated suicide. There's something weird going on in the South of Wales and I'm certain this mornings suicide won't be the last.

17th Suicide discovered this morning

What do the rest of you think?
Thu 21/02/08 at 11:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Etchy wrote:
> Uh huh. I'm sorry you didn't find my joke about your
> contemplation of suicide as funny as I found your oh so mature
> joke about my mother.

They're hardly in the same league.

I apologise for the joke about your mother, but I still think you're pathetic.
Thu 21/02/08 at 10:51
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> You're pathetic.

Uh huh. I'm sorry you didn't find my joke about your contemplation of suicide as funny as I found your oh so mature joke about my mother.
Thu 21/02/08 at 10:33
"Was the man of marz"
Well what do you expect? You’re chatting to the same numptys online as you do in the outside world. I kind of expected this to verge onto individual feelings about suicide, but aren’t you (that’s nin and timmargh) more after a change, than an ending. I’m guessing you’re two circumstances may be different, but solutions take time to formulate, and you can’t very well do that if your not here can you?

I’ve contemplated suicide through all of my teen years, and having recently popped out of them, nothing has changed. However, nothing is destined and with a modicum of wisdom, you can get through the bad times. Without them how would you learn, I mean think back to all the crap situations you’ve been in, and how you may not have realised it at the time but you’ve come out stronger for it.
Thu 21/02/08 at 03:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Aye, and it was completely unprovoked, wasnt it?
Thu 21/02/08 at 02:17
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Thu 21/02/08 at 01:12
Regular
And that's what we call the b***h excuse people!
Wed 20/02/08 at 22:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Wed 20/02/08 at 19:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I didnt notice him say that. Yeah unfortunately it's far more common than you'd think. I've lost count of how many times people have spoken to me about it. I think for a lot of people, once the idea is in your head, it's impossible to get out. Thats the case for me.
Wed 20/02/08 at 19:01
Regular
"cachoo"
Machie wrote:
> That's ridiculous, we all had a tough time
> growing up but none of us ever contemplated suicide.

That's an interesting assumption to make. Perhaps you mean, "I never contemplated suicide".
Wed 20/02/08 at 18:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I didnt mean being upset about someone dying, i meant in general. The point i was trying to get across was with something like depression, it's very difficult to distinguish between what you really feel and what your mood dictates. I think thats something that a lot of teenagers lack, the ability to put things into perspective and look beyond current feelings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.