GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next Freeola Meetup @ Bridgend, Wales (21 Suicides)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/08 at 21:29
Regular
Sorry couldnt resist. =P But seriously, what the hell is going on? Why are 17 people hanging themselves in the same area? And why is the Daily Mail saying it's heavy metal and video games to blame?

Why are the police downplaying the deaths and saying they're unrelated and why are the parents keen to get rid of the media coverage? Are they worried it'll just encourage more kids to commit suicide? That's ridiculous, we all had a tough time growing up but none of us ever contemplated suicide. There's something weird going on in the South of Wales and I'm certain this mornings suicide won't be the last.

17th Suicide discovered this morning

What do the rest of you think?
Thu 21/02/08 at 17:52
Regular
Nin wrote:
I've only left the house 5 times this year

Dude, that's poor =|

You're coming out some time
Thu 21/02/08 at 17:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Marzman wrote:
> No, worse than that, nort' london town

I've lived on the Welsh border, i currently live near Heathrow. I'll pick London over Wales anytime.
Thu 21/02/08 at 17:02
Regular
"cachoo"
I do believe keeping yourself constantly busy and learning new things helps massively. At least, it might replace those harsh thoughts it's easy to get caught up in.

Edit..

Then again, I suppose if you do become depressed it's awfully hard to even try to do those things.
Thu 21/02/08 at 16:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Marzman wrote:
> Isn’t that normal? I mean by the age of seven I certainly had
> experienced enough of the world to know the majority of it was a
> load of crap. Granted you are a little bit older (and possibly a
> whole lot wiser), but five years ago I was in the same situation,
> so there’s every possibility I could still be when I am your
> age.

I've never believed the world was crap, quite the opposite actually but that has absolutely no relevance to what goes on in my head. I'm a major clinical depressive with borderline personality disorder. I lash out for no reason, can be extremly uncaring, ruthless, easily angered or upset and most of my behaviour is extremely black and white (see the avatar), even if i can see greys. You could give me endless money, give me a house in paradise and it still wouldnt make a difference. It's my nature unfortunately.

> I understand considering your options, and relate to stopping
> every time you’re in an unsavoury frame of mind, but not the
> whole patience running out idea. I’ve honestly never seen or
> experienced that sort of limit, as human beings don’t just reach
> a stage where they stop working, we’re by design always changing
> and/or developing.

You dont think you'd get fed up of all the things above? Even if they cost you your friends, family, girlfriend, job? It gets frustrating. A new thing for me recently is that i've become incredibly reclusive. I've only left the house 5 times this year and i'm in a rut.
I agree with you on evolving though. I'm generally always looking for something to keep my mind working and at the moment it's this Its very apt for this subject.
Thu 21/02/08 at 16:25
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> Hurhur i bet this thread has got Freeola worried ;)
>
> "SUICIDE DISCUSSED ON INTERNET FORUM, BURN THE
> INTERNET!"

>
> Have we got anyone from Bridgend here?

No, worse than that, nort' london town

There's no worry on my front of an internet attributed death (and resulting freeola hate campaign), as my present frame off mind is pretty much summed up by bohemian rhapsody:

I don’t want to die,

I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.
Thu 21/02/08 at 16:18
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> Well yeah a change would be preferable but it's something thats
> been with me in some form since i was 7. I'm 25 now and i've sort
> of got used to the idea that it's not something thats going away.
> Some days i can deal with that idea, some days i cant and at that
> time, it's natural to consider your options. I have no plans on
> killing myself, i've learnt to stop everything when i'm in that
> frame of mind because i can recognise it's not really me. Having
> said that though, i have to wonder at what point my patience will
> run out.

Isn’t that normal? I mean by the age of seven I certainly had experienced enough of the world to know the majority of it was a load of crap. Granted you are a little bit older (and possibly a whole lot wiser), but five years ago I was in the same situation, so there’s every possibility I could still be when I am your age.

I understand considering your options, and relate to stopping every time you’re in an unsavoury frame of mind, but not the whole patience running out idea. I’ve honestly never seen or experienced that sort of limit, as human beings don’t just reach a stage where they stop working, we’re by design always changing and/or developing.
Thu 21/02/08 at 15:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hurhur i bet this thread has got Freeola worried ;)

"SUICIDE DISCUSSED ON INTERNET FORUM, BURN THE INTERNET!"

Have we got anyone from Bridgend here?
Thu 21/02/08 at 15:48
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Marzman wrote:
> I kind of expected this
> to verge onto individual feelings about suicide, but aren’t you
> (that’s nin and timmargh) more after a change, than an ending.
> I’m guessing you’re two circumstances may be different, but
> solutions take time to formulate, and you can’t very well do that
> if your not here can you?

Well yeah a change would be preferable but it's something thats been with me in some form since i was 7. I'm 25 now and i've sort of got used to the idea that it's not something thats going away. Some days i can deal with that idea, some days i cant and at that time, it's natural to consider your options. I have no plans on killing myself, i've learnt to stop everything when i'm in that frame of mind because i can recognise it's not really me. Having said that though, i have to wonder at what point my patience will run out.
Thu 21/02/08 at 13:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It doesn't matter whether I do or not, I'd still say what I think.

Let's not let this get into an argument.
Thu 21/02/08 at 13:26
Regular
So? Do you actually think I care about how you perceive me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.