GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost season 4 ****current usa episodes spoilers thread****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/08 at 10:58
Regular
Sorry for stealing your thread Geffdof. Blimey it's been so long since the end of the last series, I can hardly remember what happened.

Anyway here's the article, I'll comment on the new episode when it's shown. Till then here's an interesting article. :)

5 Questions the Lost Writers Need to Answer (And Why They Won't)
Fri 30/05/08 at 10:11
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I reckon everybody on the island were all linked somehow before they got on it.
Tue 27/05/08 at 23:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Only 2 days away now. Just wish i could watch it on TV instead of the pc. F**king Sky, tv stealing basts
Tue 27/05/08 at 23:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
Cheers for that interview Luetchyboy, can't believe they were going to write off Henry/Ben after a few weeks!
Fri 23/05/08 at 09:09
Regular
Interview with Michael Emerson (Ben)

Actor drops a few clues to season finale

For a "Lost" fan, talking to Michael Emerson on the phone is a bit like talking to the devil, if the devil was extremely polite, a gifted actor and had an Emmy win under his belt.

We had a chance to talk with the actor, who portrays Benjamin Linus on the hit ABC drama, about his Florida beginnings, his penchant for playing bad guys and what we can expect in next week's season finale.

Q. First off, congratulations on a stellar performance this season on "Lost." Our readers were very excited about the opportunity to hear from you.

That's exciting, thank you. I'm glad he's working for you. I think the character is really well written. I'm happy that whatever my bag of actor tricks is, it seems to be appropriate for this role.

Q. Now I heard you taught at Flagler College in St. Augustine. Is that true?

Yes, I taught drawing there as an adjunct for two years in the early '80s. This was before I was an actor. I had just moved south. I was working as a magazine illustrator in New York and then I moved to St. Augustine where I was just sort of working my way out of that line of work. It was a wonderful time and really highly educational for me.

Q. You were really big in the Jacksonville theater scene. What was that experience like?

That's really where I got started. I wasn't a kid anymore. I had moved south due to a romantic entanglement that also went south. I was high and dry living in St. Augustine. I did a couple of plays in St. Augustine and then I moved to Jacksonville. I was piecing together a living 40 different ways.

Q. The character you play started out as Henry Gale and was only supposed to be around for three episodes. How did you feel when you learned that the paycheck would be a bit more steady?

As soon as I got the script, I thought this is a really intriguing character and he's mysterious enough that they ought to let it run for a while. I guess all of us guest spot actors though have this kernel of a dream somewhere that we're gonna make such an impression in our little guest spot that somebody's gonna want to keep us around.

Q. You've played Zep Hindle in "Saw," won an Emmy as serial killer William Hinks on "The Practice" and now Ben Linus. Are you drawn to these bad guy roles?

No, but somebody is drawn to the idea of me playing them. I don't know who that is and I'm not sure whether to thank them or give them a smack. In my life on the stage, I'm usually in funny plays. It's a little bit of a mystery to me. That seems to be what's so interesting about the character that there is that manipulative genius angle but also a bit of vulnerability and compassion. Yeah, I think as season four has progressed, Ben is being moved inch by inch towards the more sympathetic end of the scale. Something's going on there. I've always maintained, sort of half in jest that eventually Ben would be the good guy.

Q. How familiar were you with "Lost" before you were cast in it?

I was fairly familiar with it. I mean the fanatic in our house was my wife (Carrie Preston). She never missed an episode. I'd sort of catch some while she watched and I was doing dishes or something.

Q. And she wound up playing your character's mother in your flashback episode.

That was kooky. It's great to have your spouse on the set with you, although we didn't have any scenes together, and now she's a bona fide member of the "Lost" family. And I'm thinking maybe that's not the last time we see her. Something has to be revisited there in Ben's childhood.

Q. You often talk about the balance of the island. What do you mean by that?

Well, the show operates on a lot of levels. But it operates in this sort of allegory. It's a tale of sin and redemption. All the characters have some wrong or some dark chapter of their past and it must be sort of atoned for. Nothing happens on the island without some kind of cost. For example, if Ben is somehow able to activate the smoke monster, I don't think that comes for free. I think he has to give something up. We don't know what that is yet, but I don't think it's something he can do three or four times a day.

Q. You've gotten some of the best lines on the show as far as I'm concerned, from "Destiny is a fickle b***h" to "See you guys at dinner." What has been your favorite, if not line, then scene since being on the show?

They do give me some good stuff. The lines are always cooler than the moment would suggest it should be. I'll tell you something that was fun. I had a scene with Hurley (Jorge Garcia) last week where we shared a candy bar. Hurley and Ben sitting on a log at night sharing a candy bar. It makes me laugh just to think about it.

Q. What lengths do producers go to to prevent spoilers on a show like "Lost"?

Sometimes they go to crazy lengths. The script in the finale had blank pages. There was a secret scene. There usually is at the end of the season. But they went a step better this year. When they filmed the secret scene, they filmed three different versions of a moment in it so that even the people that were on the set will not know how the season ends.

Q. I read a rumor that you were actually in the secret scene this season.

I might be.

Q. What kind of reaction do you get from fans on the street?

Mostly people react to me with pleasure but in general it's a kind of guarded pleasure. They are happy to see this face and voice that they know belongs to a character that they enjoy but part of them can't fully disassociate me from the part I play. So they worry a little bit that I might actually be somewhat dangerous.

Q. Do you ever just shoot them that patented Ben stare?

(pause) I don't even know what you're talking about.

Q. So when "Lost" ends, do you think you'll find your way back to the stage?

Sure, yeah. I must. I need to get on stage before "Lost" is over or I'm going to get so rusty . . . it will be embarrassing.

Q. With the schedules of both you and your wife being what they are, does that cause a lot of headaches in your marriage?

It makes it a lot tougher. It means a lot of flying. It's not all that difficult, we just have to make it a priority. You learn about yourselves as a couple as you go along. It's the same stuff I think every working couple goes through.

Q. Finally, can you give us any ideas on what we might expect in next Thursday's finale?

Well, violence. Casualties. Retribution for past crimes. It's so violent and so full of machinery. That's all I better say.
Fri 23/05/08 at 09:07
Regular
What's going on in here? The posts seem to be non-existent, and with the finale round the corner I thought things would be buzzing.

So lets look at a few things that we can expect from the finale:

-The coffin, we WILL know who is in there by the the season finale
-People will die, we all saw the boat loaded with the explosives, and its safe to say that some red shirts and maybe even a few cast members will die (could jin be one of these?)
-Why the rest stayed on the island?
-Hopefully we are going to know a bit more about the orchid, I'm thinking some form of teleportation but who knows?
-Locke is he really the chosen one? I don't think ben is quite done yet, the man ALWAYS has a plan.
-What will happen to some of the other characters, Sawyer? We know nothing about him after the island, the same for juilet.
-Who is to say that only the oceanic 6 are the only ones to leave the island. We already know ben is roaming about after the O6 have escaped, who's to say he's the only one?
-I don't think we can expect anymore from Jacob and his posse (currently Christian and Claire)
-I don't think we'll see anymore of smokie either (or unfortunately why/how ben can summon it.)

What do you all think?

(Guys can I just please ask that nobody posts any spoilers about the finale until it has actually aired in the states)
Mon 19/05/08 at 10:52
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Sawyer has been one of my favourtie characters from the start, but it's nice to see him being more friendly lately.

Lock's last line in yesterday's episode was weird: "He wants us to move the island".

So many questions.
Sun 18/05/08 at 22:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Christian thing is wrong too. And apparently the paper was just a normal paper from that day used as a prop, so the date might be accurate and might not be.
Sun 18/05/08 at 17:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The Reaper wrote:
> Apparently the Nadia they were reffering to was Sayid's wife.

Ah yeah, the other Nadia

> As for The Christian funeral fiasco, I don't remember reading it
> was 2009. In fact, wouldn't that make it really difficult for the
> writers, because Jack still needed to get back, meaning he'd
> spent around 4 years off of the Island? (Heh, maybe they're
> trying to pull the numbers back in).

I've just looked it up and the paper he was reading (which told him about the death of whoever was in the casket) was dated April 2007. I'm fairly sure the name on the casket began with a J as well.
I'm interested in who the Oceanic 8 are. We know the 6 who survived but 2 didnt. I assumed Jin was one of the 2 that died but it's unlikely he's included because as far as everyone else knows, he died in the crash. I'd bet one of them is Michael and the only other person on the boat is Desmond, who i'm assuming actually just disappears with Penny.

Suicidal New Yorker eh?
Sun 18/05/08 at 16:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
Apparently the Nadia they were reffering to was Sayid's wife.

As for The Christian funeral fiasco, I don't remember reading it was 2009. In fact, wouldn't that make it really difficult for the writers, because Jack still needed to get back, meaning he'd spent around 4 years off of the Island? (Heh, maybe they're trying to pull the numbers back in).
Fri 16/05/08 at 19:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The Reaper wrote:
> **It turns out that Nadia might not be dead after all, according
> to Pop Candy,
> Nadia, Kate, Hurley and Sayid all meet outside a church and talk
> in a group.

Now i've just watched last nights episode and Nadia was no-where to be seen.

> **There's going to be a big scene involving the rescue
> operation, however, the Freighter people are NOT the ones that do
> the rescuing. source:
> Lost Spoilers

That is true although i cant remember who the rescuers were and its not been explained how yet.

> ****The Funeral in the finale for season 3, was for Christian
> Shephard source: The
> Transmission

No it wasn't. The timeline is entirely different and Christians funeral was way before that point.
Going back to the end of Series 3, the flash-forward was supposedly set years after they'd got off the island. You need to remember that they crashed in 2004 and got off the island around 4 months later. Kate, the baby and everything else is set in 2005, while the flash-forward was dated 2009 (according to the paper Jack was reading when he went to see that coffin)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.