GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost season 4 ****current usa episodes spoilers thread****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/08 at 10:58
Regular
Sorry for stealing your thread Geffdof. Blimey it's been so long since the end of the last series, I can hardly remember what happened.

Anyway here's the article, I'll comment on the new episode when it's shown. Till then here's an interesting article. :)

5 Questions the Lost Writers Need to Answer (And Why They Won't)
Sun 11/05/08 at 12:34
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nin wrote:
> Hmmm ok, well that confused me for a couple of minutes. I didnt
> get why Smokey would appear as him for John, then you see Claire
> and it makes more sense.

Explain to me please :) Who was the guy in the hospital again?
Fri 09/05/08 at 23:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hmmm ok, well that confused me for a couple of minutes. I didnt get why Smokey would appear as him for John, then you see Claire and it makes more sense. As for moving the island, what?
Fri 09/05/08 at 22:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Completely forgot to watch last night's episode. I'll get onto it later.
Sat 03/05/08 at 12:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nin wrote:
> Well after the brilliant episode last week we naturally get the
> crap Jack epidsode this week. Not only did have he the nerve to
> survive, he then gets to do Kate. The ba**ard

100% Agreement from me. After the brilliance of last weeks episode, now poorly titled "The Shape of Things to Come", I was expecting at least something in the next one.

What do we get? The answer as to how Jack starts his drug addiction. Woo.

Everyone knows that Jack is the most unloved character on Lost, and we'd all of loved to see him get shot rather than Rousseau. It must be different in America, because the writers of Lost just keep trying to add to him and make him seem more appealing.

I suppose the Hurley bit was good, but again, this was ruined by Jack's character and personaility, and of course, his attempt at being an emotional robot.

Still, Kate in her undies was worth the download :P
Fri 02/05/08 at 16:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Well after the brilliant episode last week we naturally get the crap Jack epidsode this week. Not only did have he the nerve to survive, he then gets to do Kate. The ba**ard
Sun 27/04/08 at 20:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Moriarty, as in criminal mastermind, genius and the guy who killed Sherlock Holmes.
I can only assume Widmore's claim to the island is an inherited one. I'm guessing he lost the ship because everyone on board who was working for him died.
I dont think Ben can summon the monster as much as just let it go. Widmore's crew probably released it in some way by turning off the barrier.
Sun 27/04/08 at 18:59
Regular
"Mooching around"
What a brilliant episode.

I agree with Nin when he says it's the best in a long time, and also with Geffdof, I nearly cheered when Smokey appeared.

Right, with that said, analysis time.

When we first see ben in his flash forward, notice the gash to his arm for one thing. But far more peculiar was the fashion in the way Ben awoke, he was physically shaking, he woke gasping for air and very oddly it looks as though he was smoking slightly. (though this could simply be dust/sand from the desert). What's more, I think it is highly important to notice, there is no trail from Ben.

From this, I think we can deduce that Ben arrived at his destination in a manner far from what we can understand right now, even the camel riders that come up to say "How did he get here? Did he fall out of the sky?"

Further, Ben is wearing a Dharma Parka with the name Halliwax and a Dharma Logo. Halliwax is an alias of Dr. Marvin Candle from the Orchid Video. But why is he wearing this in the middle of desert, I mean sure, at night when it's cold, but when Ben awakes, it seems to be coming to mid day by the size of the shadows we see. This of course further supports a teleportation theory.

I tried to examine the logo of the jacket, but all I can make out of it are near concentric circles and what appears to be a bird of some sort? So is this the logo for The Orchid? Maybe The Orchid is a teleportation system?

Next we come to the part where he is at the hotel, he still has that bandage on his arm, so it can't be long since he met the camel riders. The hotel is prepared, or at least ready to accept Ben, under the name of Mr. Morriartus (sp?). Also, Ben had his passport on him, all this couple with what we saw when he first entered his flashforward leads me to believe that his "arrival" in the Desert was at least planned.

Perhaps Jacob took him there, and that's why he looked so discomforted? Some sort of teleportation? Or maybe something far more simple, maybe he was taken there by Dharma and was simply knocked unconcious? But if this is true, how come there were no trails?

Anyway. Next interesting thing, Ben tells Locke that he needs him, Locke, to survive. Later, when Locke questions this, Ben responds that the only person that can help them now, is Jacob. And that they have to go together, which brings us nicely back to the issue Jacob has with Locke. Another mystery I'm looking forward to seeing more on.

We next find ourselves coming to realise why Sayid has started working for Ben, because of the murder of his wife. Sayid actually gives us a timeframe here, which is useful, he said he's been searching for 8 years for the woman he loves. Why only 8 years? And does Shannon fit into this at all?

The next thing I want to talk about is the hatch we see Ben open in the house, a secret room in a secret room it seems. I think the most important thing to notice here is the fashion in what this hatch looks like. It's completely made of stone and full of inscriptions on it.

A closer look to these inscriptions shows a very clear resembelnce to the kind of markings we saw on the countdown timer in The Swan. They no doubt mean something, but sadly, I couldn't tell you what, when he opens the door, there is a light coming from the inside. When Ben returns from this room, he is covered in soot, and has apparently summoned The Monster at his will.

Right, I'm tired now, so lastly we have:

Why did they lie about the Morse code? And what the hell is that Doctor thing about? Is it more than simply a time dialation we're seeing? How is it communications seem to be unaffected?

Ben see Mr. Widmore, Widmore claims the Island has always been his. Which I agree on, seeing as with that evidence with The Black Rock etc.

Ben here claims he'll never find the Island, so something must've happened to the ship, and I'm betting it's a doosey.

Plus we have more reoccuring themes, life and death with Ben's daughter, we see the numbers back in force with the code being 1623, the dice rolls all adding to some of the numbers etc.

Sorry for the rushed ending :D
Sat 26/04/08 at 22:38
Regular
"lets go back"
Smokey coming back was the best bit. I still want to know what it is though, but at least we know Ben controls it.
Fri 25/04/08 at 23:29
Regular
My monitor is terrible, I can barely see anything when its pitch black. I wonder if it killed them all. It's hard to imagine this is the same creature that took the form of all those people and killed our dear beloved Ekho.

So we're off to see Jacob again. It's so long ago I can't remember that happened last time. Hangon I'll go look for the scene on youtube. Okay it's pitch black and lots of shouting from Ben and things getting smashed. Apparently you can see his eyes and head though.

Is Jacob the human forms the smoke monster takes?

Oh and I forgot to say in my earlier post. It looks like it wasn't a good thing that they stopped Ben from gassing the Island.

Double oh! Why are Locke and Ben so trusting with the asian guy. He's one of them isn't he? I mean it's a possiblity that he's still working for them right?
Fri 25/04/08 at 23:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ah yeah, Smokey is back with a bang. Hurrah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.