GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Thu 21/08/08 at 17:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The fast learners will get an initial advantage but I think most will be on their pace by Saturday morning. McLaren seem to have a slight edge but that could all change.

The only street circuit we have to look at is Monaco. McLaren were good there but Valencia is something a bit different.
Thu 21/08/08 at 15:02
Regular
So, Valencia this weekend.

Predictions? Hard not to think of McLaren starting the weekend as favourites. It'll be interesting to see if Ferrari have caught up at all over the break.

I wonder if the proper Kimi will turn up this weekend?
Fri 08/08/08 at 00:32
Regular
unfortunatley the BBC only went for this once Lewis showed up so i think it is in danger of becoming the Lewis Hamilton show, hopefully i will be wrong but ITV really raised the bar from when the beeb had it before but i do agree that it is becoming annoying, to much speculation, why not spend more time talking to all the drivers and teams
Wed 06/08/08 at 16:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Spanish never really cared about Formula 1 until Alonso started winning though.

I don't think Hill wants to. Brundle just wasn't around for the Hungarian race.
Wed 06/08/08 at 14:07
"possibly impossible"
Spanish TV seems to do the same with Alonso though.

Still, not long now and we'll have to get used to BBC coverage again. I was wondering if Mr Hill was thinking of having a go at commentary full time for the BBC and was using ITV as a try-out? :)
Mon 04/08/08 at 15:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
ITV's coverage is really beginning to grate. I don't mind a bit of chat about Hamilton as it's only natural for a British channel to focus on a British driver but everything is Lewis, Lewis, Lewis.

Even in the pitlane, it's no different. They were speaking to someone down the pitlane, can't remember who it was, but they were discussing something. Then they mentioned Lewis. What does that person in a minor team have anything to do with Lewis? It's obsessive.

Not a great race for overtaking but that's Hungary. Massa drove brilliantly and will be gutted not to win that one. Kovalainen drove steady and Glock did a great job. That Toyota definitely had the edge in the last sector because they put in fastest third sectors for most of the race.

Raikkonen got out of jail with that 3rd place. Never looked much like taking Alonso and with the final pit stop looming, he made an error and lost time. I don't know how he came out of the pits ahead of Alonso.

Valencia next. I've seen a simulator go round it. Looks pretty good and there is certainly a fast section near the end of the lap that looks really good. I just hope the simulation is accurate.
Mon 04/08/08 at 15:29
Regular
I went "yaaaaay" when Hamiltons tyre blew. I've got £50 on Kimi to win the drivers title...

Thing is, and this is what annoys my about ITVs coverage. After the race, we didn't get an interview with the winner, or anyone else on the podium, or an interview from the bloke that lead the race for 90% of it. Or an interview from the team boss of any of these people. Nope, we heard from the bloke that finished 5th (Lewis). It's ridiculous.
Mon 04/08/08 at 13:56
"possibly impossible"
I actually liked it, Massa so cruelly robbed, Alonso had a good drive despite a car that seemed to lack performance, though no-one seemed to comment on the ITV coverage, Glock did a fantastic job and everyone went 'noooooo' when Hamilton's tyre blew.
Sun 03/08/08 at 20:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Wasn't the most exciting race ever but it was unpredictable for sure.Kovalainen was in the right place at the right time,good for him.Hamilton was unlucky but did a decent enough job in damage limitation mode.Massa was awesome (for once) and I felt genuinely sorry for him,buts thats racing I suppose.Raikkonen was rubbish for 60 laps and then mega for the last 10,he's not going to keep his title with performances like that.Glock was the star of this afternoon in my opinion,punched well above his weight.
Fri 01/08/08 at 22:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hungary is one of those tracks where you just need a good handling car. Renault seem to have one and could spoil the party and get in the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.