GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Thu 05/06/08 at 16:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The FIA is funding these smaller countries so that is why they probably voted to keep Max in. Not biting the hand that feeds or something to that effect.

The FIA deal with lots of things like road safety, technologies etc. I had a brief look for a list of things they do but I couldn't find anything. Anything I did find was pretty vague.
Fri 06/06/08 at 15:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The weather is supposedly wet all weekend in Canada. It's wet now in practice, which is live.
Sat 07/06/08 at 19:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hamilton seemed easily quickest in the final sector of the lap where everyone else was struggling. Obviously fuel loads will play a part in that but the track seems very slippery and with the track breaking up (again), it's only going to get worse.

A few might be gambling with a lot of fuel perhaps with an eye to the weather and thunderstorms in the area.
Sun 08/06/08 at 20:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Crazy race. Hamilton was at fault for ploughing into the back of Raikkonen at the red light in the pit lane. BMW worked it perfectly and took a dominant 1-2. Ferrari messed Massa up but he fought well to get 5th.

Kovalainen just doesn't seem to be getting a break at the moment. He just needs something to go his way. Good results for the chasing pack like Red Bull and Coulthard and the Toyotas.
Sun 08/06/08 at 21:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
Kubica was well due a win IMO.He drove flawlessly as he did in Monaco (and indeed as he has done so all season).Shame for Hamilton but these things happen,at least he hit he right car !.Good to see newboys Glock and Piquet going much better then they have done so far and a great job by DC.
Mon 09/06/08 at 08:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hamilton and Rosberg given grid penaltys for France.Seems a bit harsh : Here
Mon 09/06/08 at 12:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It just shows up the inconsistency of the stewards. Raikkonen takes Sutil out of the race in Monaco and gets no punishment. You may well argue that Raikkonen lost control but he was careless.

There are lots of things about this incident that leads me to believe that punishment was harsh. Hamilton was easily the quickest driver so his elimination was the race is harsh punishment enough.

The light is probably not that clearly visible when others cars are stopped. Circuits should look at putting the light high up so it's easier to see. Also, Kubica was out of his pit box first and beat Raikkonen out of the pits. Raikkonen should not have parked side by side to Kubica because the pit lane is single file. It left nowhere for Hamilton to go to avoid an accident.

The crazy thing about the punishments is Rosberg tapped Hamilton, who was already out of the race and then he had to pit for a new nose cone so his race was ruined. How did that justify the same punishment as Hamilton?

I found it funny that Raikkonen managed to call Hamilton stupid for his accident and said Monaco was a different story. You keep telling yourself that Raikkonen if it helps you sleep at night.
Tue 10/06/08 at 16:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think I may have seen something on a news channel earlier saying that action may be taken against the Stewards in Canada, but I'm not sure about this. As far as I see, it was a racing accident, and Hamilton had nowhere to go.

Looked like I missed quite a race going by the highlights...
Fri 13/06/08 at 15:02
Regular
Haha! What an entertaining race. I can't believe the reaction in some places, and on some forums. Some serious Lewis lovers about refuse to accept he just made a mistake. Trying to blame the lights etc. Only, there were two stationary cars right infront of him.

What a wally.
Fri 13/06/08 at 15:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, Hamilton made a mistake. Must be something in the family at the moment. :)

The thing that steams me up the most is Rosberg getting the same penalty as Hamilton. I can't see that as fair at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.