GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Fri 05/12/08 at 18:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
YH wrote:

> We could be down to 5 teams in the next season or so....

At this point would be worth me entering in my Ford Focus,only need a couple of cars not to finish and I would be in the points !.

Seriously,the outlook for the sport currently looks bleak.The FIA have already gone with Indycar style rule changes (single control tyre and proposed same engines etc.) to keep costs down.I reckon F1 machines will end up being basically bigger and faster GP2 cars.This system works fine in Moto GP (125cc,250cc & GP classes) and it would provide a great platform for drivers to progress through.This has got to be a better option than waiting for more car manufacturers to pull out due to the stupid budgets they currently need to stay in the sport.
Fri 05/12/08 at 16:34
"possibly impossible"
Looks like there might have to be some big changes.

C5's anyone? :D
Fri 05/12/08 at 16:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Williams are the most likely to begin struggling badly financially. Toyota are currently cost cutting but they could easily pull out as they've been threatening to do for a while. Red Bull have been looking to sell the Toro Rosso team for a while.
Fri 05/12/08 at 14:24
Regular
Which apparently they have - Cosworth have the contract.

So, who's going to be next to go? Williams must be a prime choice. Sponsored by RBS (no 57% owned by the UK government) - I can't see them carrying on splashing the cash.

I can see Toyota going soon too. They were only involved as Honda were, so what happens now...?

Red Bull can't justify running two teams right now, surely?

We could be down to 5 teams in the next season or so....
Fri 05/12/08 at 14:01
"possibly impossible"
And at least one less driver in 2010 if Alonso is to be believed when he says he'll walk out of F1 if they unify engines.
Thu 04/12/08 at 23:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You could be the owner of an F1 team for £1!

Probably not but Honda are expected to announce on Friday that they are pulling out of F1 and are selling the team. F1 hitting hard times at the moment. Could be 18 cars or less come season start next year.
Sat 15/11/08 at 09:33
Regular
The Australian Grand Prix will not open the Formula One season in 2008. The honour goes to Bahrain next year the organisers of the Australian Grand Prix announced. The Australian Grand Prix will be held on the 16th of March 2008. The organisers of the Australian Grand Prix decided to pick a date halfway into March so it can organise the Formula 1 weekend with the popular Australian series of V8 Supercars.
------------------------
Bobwilliams
[url=http://www.drivenwide.com]Interactive marketing[/url]
Tue 04/11/08 at 11:28
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> Hamilton led Massa by 7 points going into the final race. Massa
> had to win or come 2nd and Hamilton just needed 5th place or
> better. Ended up with Massa winning and Hamilton getting 5th.
>
> Wow that's cutting it close, poor Massa, he won and he lost and
> in his home country too :(

Cutting it close , you aint kidding me, the last corner of the last lap he got 5th! Im so disappointed though, because I don't like Hamilton hes a nice guy and all that just something about him. I've always been a ferrari man since I was 6, I was soo happy when vettel over took him 2 laps from the end and fuming at the end of the last lap :( but thats how it goes, just gonna have to put up with seeing Hamiltons face on everything and everywhere for the next year! Until Kubica or Massa eclipses his title next year :D He wont a hatrick of titles like he hopes, I dnt think he has amazing talent, I just think he's been lucky to go straight into a good car, good team etc, and had abit of luck and bad luck i must add with some of the stewards decisions but hes been a hell of a lucky guy. Such a pity for ferrari and massa, felt so sorry for them when they were cheering thinking they had won the championship. Next year is Massa's year.
Tue 04/11/08 at 02:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, it's 9. Hawthorn, Surtees, Clark, G Hill, Stewart, Hunt, Mansell, D Hill and now Hamilton.
Mon 03/11/08 at 21:44
Regular
That's correct pete, well done :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.