GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Mon 13/10/08 at 16:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Don't know if Alonso was being serious or not ?,seems pretty sad to me if he was.Anyway,Massa doesn't need his help,the FIA will do that job for him !.
Mon 13/10/08 at 12:57
"possibly impossible"
It now looks like Alonso is starting the fighting talk. He's gone on record as saying he would gladly help Massa out against Hamilton to win the championship.

Of course, Alonso's been known to have the things he says twisted a bit due to his use of the English language, but as he still holds grudges towards McLaren (strange, considering it was apparently he who did some of the damage in the first place) it wouldn't surprise me.

Meanwhile it looks like Hamilton is suggesting he's won already, a dangerous thing to say when you look at the standings at the same time last year and what happened after that...
Sun 12/10/08 at 14:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I must say I'm surprised by that. More concerning is the fact that Massa genuinely believes that he didn't deserve a drive through for taking out Hamilton. If anything, that's the only iron clad drive through they handed out.

Anyway, good race with plenty of action. China is pretty important now.
Sun 12/10/08 at 11:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
Bourdais's penalty is the biggest load of pro-Ferrari bull***t the FIA have ever come up with.Where was the guy exactly supposed to go ?.He came out of the pitlane held his line tight to the right only for Massa to come steaming in and they touched.Massa's fault 100% IMO.
Sat 04/10/08 at 14:51
"Was the man of marz"
pb wrote:
> I think many drivers do get a superiority complex. Kimi only
> escapes some of the attention because he never talks, to anyone!

He does disappoint me when he opens his mouth, but then I support him because of his on track exploits, such as 10 fastest laps in the last fifteen races which may not mean a lot this year but at least it shows he had the speed to do better (like in 2005).

> Massa seems more down to earth, but as you say he's been making
> mistakes he shouldn't be making at this stage in his career.

Well this is the first year he's had a real championship run. He was out of the running after Fuji last year, so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with the added pressure of being the teams only chance, with Kimi likely to be out of contention at the same point this year (if he isn't already so).

> Alonso was somewhat grumpy and started to get that same complex
> when he was champion and I'm sure many others have in the past.

He does seem to be the fans' least favourite, with Montoya (when he was still in F1), then Kimi being next. I think his English lets him down a bit, having in the past described every pole or win as a dream, which wasn't very inspirational.

> Maybe it's the sport which pushes the drivers into this mindset,
> or the people around them?

In L4yer Cake there's a bit about forgetting what $hit smells like, which is what I think happens if you don't have the right people round you, as Sir Jackie Stewart is probably the most modest multi world champion ever (although according to sky news he only won two :p).
Fri 03/10/08 at 13:41
"possibly impossible"
I think many drivers do get a superiority complex. Kimi only escapes some of the attention because he never talks, to anyone! When he does express an opinion it's always the Ferrari line and a sense of 'we're right, we're Ferrari, so what!'. Schummy was worse.

Massa seems more down to earth, but as you say he's been making mistakes he shouldn't be making at this stage in his career. Alonso was somewhat grumpy and started to get that same complex when he was champion and I'm sure many others have in the past.

Maybe it's the sport which pushes the drivers into this mindset, or the people around them?
Tue 30/09/08 at 09:52
"Was the man of marz"
pb wrote:
> Anyone deserves to win the championship if they drive well and
> get points, to be honest.

Felipe at Silverstone was just shocking. Also go back to earlier races in the season when he was making rookie errors (much like Piquet Jr. has been doing all year). The only reason I’d like him to take the wdc over Hamilton is because I think Lewis’ head would explode. Did you hear him after the night race, talking about being stuck behind Coulthard, a fellow brit as if he was supposed to let him through. Still though if he does take it, I won’t begrudge him, as he has the best work ethic out there by far.
Mon 29/09/08 at 20:34
"possibly impossible"
Anyone deserves to win the championship if they drive well and get points, to be honest.

Alonso impressed me yesterday. Yes, there was some luck in Renault's timing there but he drove a good race in a car that has so far underachieved.
Fri 26/09/08 at 23:34
"Was the man of marz"
Grandprix wrote:
> I think Hamilton has to win the title now otherwise there will be
> a cloud over Massa if he wins by less than 6 points.

Even though he has been the best (in terms of improvement) this season? I don't think he deserves a WDC, but that's from a talent point of view, and not an attempt to make excuses just in case Lewis doesn't do it again which does seem to be a very British trait.
Thu 25/09/08 at 14:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think Hamilton has to win the title now otherwise there will be a cloud over Massa if he wins by less than 6 points.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.