GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Mon 03/11/08 at 18:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is it 9 ?.
Mon 03/11/08 at 18:11
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> Hamilton led Massa by 7 points going into the final race. Massa
> had to win or come 2nd and Hamilton just needed 5th place or
> better. Ended up with Massa winning and Hamilton getting 5th.

Wow that's cutting it close, poor Massa, he won and he lost and in his home country too :(

So now F1 is being shown on BBC again?

And your bonus question is, how many Brits have won Formula One World Championship? Don't worry if none of you know it :)
Mon 03/11/08 at 17:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hamilton led Massa by 7 points going into the final race. Massa had to win or come 2nd and Hamilton just needed 5th place or better. Ended up with Massa winning and Hamilton getting 5th.
Mon 03/11/08 at 17:27
Regular
Aww I missed it, no one told me it was on. :(

Congrats to the man, but did he really come 5th and still won it? That confuses me, I have to wonder why the guy in front even bothered :(
Mon 03/11/08 at 16:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Apparently, 13.1 million viewers tuned in for the last lap drama with an average of 8.8 million over the course of the race.

Glock didn't slow down on purpose. I watch the timing screens and both Toyotas stayed out on dry tyres. They finished the race with a lap time within a tenth of a second of each other. Also, Glock had so much trouble getting the power down up the hill after the final corner, he finished over 5 seconds behind Hamilton.
Mon 03/11/08 at 13:25
Regular
A very exciting end to a excellent (on the whole) season.

It's good that we have a British Champion again, I have to say.

I do feel a little for Massa, he comes across as a top bloke, and he didn't put a foot wrong all weekend. Him & Hamilton both had their share of great drives, and ridiculous errors - both from themselves and the team. Massa stuck it in the wall in Australia, while Lewis stuck it in the back of Kimi in Canada.

Felipe had that ridiculous pitstop in Shanghai, while Lewis & the team bodged the decision on tyres completely in qualifying at Monza.

Hopefully next year will be even better. If BMW started on next years car early, and Renault can continue their upward trend there could be 4 or 5 in contention for the title. New aero regs will mess things up too.

I think I'm a bit more of a neutral now than I was when Damon Hill won it, as I was really really please back then. This year, if I'm honest, I didn't really mind who won it.

Perhaps I'm mellowing with age :-)
Mon 03/11/08 at 12:22
"possibly impossible"
Not really, he had a good season, as did Massa. They were the 2 strongest performers this year and both deserved the title. Both also made mistakes during the season and had questionable rulings for or against them so it was either's championship.

McLaren did everything right this year, there's nothing you can say against them in the way that they played it.
Mon 03/11/08 at 12:11
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I normally get bored senseless by F1 but yesterdays race was pretty damn good and exciting. Shame Hamilton won in my eyes as Yes he is British, but it has become more of a Celebrity thing than that of a Sport and it would of served him and Mclaren right if he came 6th.
Mon 03/11/08 at 10:06
"possibly impossible"
Yep, a fantastic race. I wouldn't be surprised if that got record numbers of viewers in the UK as the whole Hamilton hyped rolled on.

I see that there are the odd comments on the net suggesting that Glock was told to slow down to let Hamilton win, all unfounded.

Next year should be really interesting, if Renault move forward like they have been doing with Alonso and Massa and Hamilton both continuing their racing pace it should be a great competition. Vettel is certainly one to watch (I chose him for my work Fantasy F1 this year).
Mon 03/11/08 at 09:50
Regular
"THFC"
Was a great race and well done Hamilton, he deserved it, he had points taken unfairly and he still won, so well done!

Next Season should be interesting, i think Masa will come back stronger, plus Vettel looked good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.