GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Fri 25/11/16 at 09:58
"possibly impossible"
Must say that I'm quite tempted to get the game but I've yet to play the first. I'd get the PC version, I guess, as they've patched it now.
Fri 25/11/16 at 09:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Completed the first 2 chapters of Dishonored 2 and liking what I have seen. I am trying to be stealthy but it tends to go horribly wrong at some point. I might as well be a one man band marching through. Lots of reloading and trying again.

Just like the first one then.

Sneak... sneak... sneak... Whoops, spotted! Kill Kill Kill...

I wouldn't have it any other way though.
Thu 24/11/16 at 08:57
Regular
"And in last place.."
Completed the first 2 chapters of Dishonored 2 and liking what I have seen. I am trying to be stealthy but it tends to go horribly wrong at some point. I might as well be a one man band marching through. Lots of reloading and trying again.
Wed 23/11/16 at 12:05
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Overclocking is old school pb, so why now?

EDIT: My cpu temp is 32 degrees and no overclocking ... arctic cooling for you;¬)

Post edited by DL on 22/11/2016 at 22:15.

Kind of with you on this one DL. With the absolute mass of 4.5Ghz or higher multi core CPU's around, I'm not sure what overclocking would actually gain you. Other than problems, that is...

There are stacks of reports from gamers about OC'd hardware having problems with various games and apps, so it seems like a bit of a trade-off, and not a very good one at that; more truly unnecessary speed in exchange for instability in many programs.

I'd only consider water cooling just to say I'd done it at least once.

My CPU stays at a steady 38 degrees with the stock cooler...
Tue 22/11/16 at 22:41
"possibly impossible"

DL wrote:

EDIT: My cpu temp is 32 degrees and no overclocking ... arctic cooling for you;¬)

Because I'm testing a cooler for review.
Tue 22/11/16 at 22:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
When it's free and basic over clocking is included in the cooler's software then it's worth doing! Stress tested it today and cpu got to 42 degrees at its highest.

Tue 22/11/16 at 21:05
"possibly impossible"

chasfh wrote:
That's normally the sort of random annoyance that'll happen when you over-complicate things...

Overclocked a system once, never could be bothered again (and quite honestly never had the need to).

Although, I have to say I have been tempted by the idea of water cooling a number of times, particularly as my PC case has a convenient cavity in the top for a radiator and fans... Seems almost a shame not to...

When it's free and basic over clocking is included in the cooler's software then it's worth doing! Stress tested it today and cpu got to 42 degrees at its highest.
Tue 22/11/16 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I've two exhaust fans on the top of my HAF-X case ... only use one ;¬)
Tue 22/11/16 at 18:54
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

pb wrote:
Managed to pop one of the grommets from thE backplate yesterday while putting the cooler in. Hopefully the cooler is screwed on to the cpu tight enough still, but impossible to tell.

That's normally the sort of random annoyance that'll happen when you over-complicate things...

Overclocked a system once, never could be bothered again (and quite honestly never had the need to).

Although, I have to say I have been tempted by the idea of water cooling a number of times, particularly as my PC case has a convenient cavity in the top for a radiator and fans... Seems almost a shame not to...
Tue 22/11/16 at 09:10
"possibly impossible"
Managed to pop one of the grommets from thE backplate yesterday while putting the cooler in. Hopefully the cooler is screwed on to the cpu tight enough still, but impossible to tell.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.