GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Sun 20/11/16 at 13:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
This was said recently in another game related forum ... "DICE still said a patch is coming soon to address issues like that and fix the ui but so far nothing. "

Updating the driver has solved some problems as has the Origin Repair function ... another 4GB of data to download!

Try running in DX11 mode if you can; NVidia blatantly have some severe problems with DX12, and have freely admitted so (asynchronous compute for a start). I don't think any amount of game patching is going to solve that...
Sun 20/11/16 at 11:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
This was said recently in another game related forum ... "DICE still said a patch is coming soon to address issues like that and fix the ui but so far nothing. "

Updating the driver has solved some problems as has the Origin Repair function ... another 4GB of data to download!
Sun 20/11/16 at 10:58
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
We've lost an enormous amount of posts in this thread :¬(

Equally, I'm getting tired of the number of Nvidia Drivers I've had to install over the last 7 days to get Battlefield 1 to behave! Playing the game SP or MP and PC switches off!!! Update the drivers and you're good to go until the next time! Come on DICE ...you do know there's a problem apparently ... a patch, please :¬)

Post edited by DL on 19/11/2016 at 19:24.

Post edited by DL on 19/11/2016 at 19:25.

It's a driver issue DL, not a DICE issue. NVidia need to fix their drivers, patching the game will do nothing...
Sun 20/11/16 at 10:51
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

pb wrote:
PSVR gone, Asus Strix gtx1070 in. Good job Game do graphics cards via trade ins.

The VR was good but not for my head or stomach, it seems. VR Sickness isn't great.

The graphics card looks lovely in my rig, though. Hopefully get to try out some games tomorrow.

Asus Strix stuff is very pretty, in fact that applies to most Asus stuff in general. Half my rig is Asus; motherboard, keyboard, mouse, monitor etc. All of which is generally well built and full- featured.

Never had an issue with Asus kit either, and I've been buying it for years.
Sat 19/11/16 at 23:34
"possibly impossible"
PSVR gone, Asus Strix gtx1070 in. Good job Game do graphics cards via trade ins.

The VR was good but not for my head or stomach, it seems. VR Sickness isn't great.

The graphics card looks lovely in my rig, though. Hopefully get to try out some games tomorrow.
Sat 19/11/16 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
We've lost an enormous amount of posts in this thread :¬(

Equally, I'm getting tired of the number of Nvidia Drivers I've had to install over the last 7 days to get Battlefield 1 to behave! Playing the game SP or MP and PC switches off!!! Update the drivers and you're good to go until the next time! Come on DICE ...you do know there's a problem apparently ... a patch, please :¬)

Post edited by DL on 19/11/2016 at 19:24.

Post edited by DL on 19/11/2016 at 19:25.
Fri 11/11/16 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I have harvested all the little sisters on one play through and then never again. It is not so much that the game did anything to make me feel bad, I just knew myself it was wrong.

In my head I know how to play Batman but when it comes to putting that into practice the masher in my brain takes over.

I'm not sure I could play a game like Batman with a keyboard and a mouse. I preferred the keyboard to joystick in my Spectrum days but that was a long time ago.

I love my keyboard and mouse for most games (stupidly expensive mechanical set, so it works awesomely well!). The only games I can't do on it are fighting games. Dead or Alive is awful with a keyboard!

As it goes, you might get on better with Origins, as the freeflow is MUCH quicker than in the other Arkham games. Your "mashing" might just hit the stroke about right...

Won't work on the final conflict with Bane though. He's tricky to say the least...
Fri 11/11/16 at 13:47
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
It's the same in Bioshock, I can't ever "harvest" the Little Sisters. Just seems so wrong. Guess that's a sign of a good game, a little bit of empathy with the characters...

Batman combat works best if you slow down a bit. A little counter-intuitive, I know, but hitting the button just after one blow lands gets you a continuation. My longest combo is 58 hits in Arkham Knight (I thought that was quite impressive!). Easier with a keyboard and mouse, I can vouch for that. I tried to play Arkham City with a 360 controller, gave up after 30 minutes and went back to my mouse.

I have harvested all the little sisters on one play through and then never again. It is not so much that the game did anything to make me feel bad, I just knew myself it was wrong.

In my head I know how to play Batman but when it comes to putting that into practice the masher in my brain takes over.

I'm not sure I could play a game like Batman with a keyboard and a mouse. I preferred the keyboard to joystick in my Spectrum days but that was a long time ago.
Fri 11/11/16 at 13:36
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I've never been very good at the combat n Batman. I'm a button masher do don't get much of a combo going.

I've left the detonation of Megaton open for now on the off chance I can bring myself to do it.

It's the same in Bioshock, I can't ever "harvest" the Little Sisters. Just seems so wrong. Guess that's a sign of a good game, a little bit of empathy with the characters...

Batman combat works best if you slow down a bit. A little counter-intuitive, I know, but hitting the button just after one blow lands gets you a continuation. My longest combo is 58 hits in Arkham Knight (I thought that was quite impressive!). Easier with a keyboard and mouse, I can vouch for that. I tried to play Arkham City with a 360 controller, gave up after 30 minutes and went back to my mouse.
Fri 11/11/16 at 13:26
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Yup, 3 whole hours. I did stop for a cup of tea half way through, but the thing is I find the Arkham games so addictive that I didn't want to quit.

I've been through Fallout 3 so many times, every time I say to myself "this time I'll detonate"... Never have. I also can't bring myself to keep the ghouls out of Tenpenny towers.

I've never been very good at the combat n Batman. I'm a button masher do don't get much of a combo going.

I've left the detonation of Megaton open for now on the off chance I can bring myself to do it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.