GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Fri 02/12/16 at 13:35
Regular
"And in last place.."
Glided my way through chapter 6 of Dishonored 2 like a ghost. Nice time bending mechanic in chapter 7 although rather similar to that in Titanfall 2.

I am starting to feel like I am in a bit of a gaming rut at the moment. In Dishonored I seem to have stopped reading the documents I am finding and stopped going out my way to look for the goodies.

I might just be playing too many similar games as the one I am enjoying the most at the moment is Super Mega Baseball. I don't usually have any interest in baseball and can't say I totally follow it (other than hit and run) but it is like a breath of fresh air in my gaming habits.
Wed 30/11/16 at 15:50
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I'm sticking to the high ground at the moment. Last night I couldn't quite reach where I wanted to be so 'jumped' to the hanging ornament. Seems that wire wasn't quite strong enough... RELOAD.

Not come across any possession yet but to be fair, I've not unlocked most of the powers. The extra stealthy power which no doubt has a much better name does let you go through the little air vents like a rat might do.

Pah! Cheap flimsy fittings and fixtures... the bane of all good assassins everywhere. Rich people should be ashamed of themselves, not allowing for the average weight of a burly man hanging on their ceiling ornaments.
Wed 30/11/16 at 15:12
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
There's probably another video showing you 80 ways to avoid killing him...

And probably another showing you how to kill 80 of his mates.

I favoured the rooftops for most of my Dishonored area traversal. The higher the better. Or possessing a rat was always good.

I'm sticking to the high ground at the moment. Last night I couldn't quite reach where I wanted to be so 'jumped' to the hanging ornament. Seems that wire wasn't quite strong enough... RELOAD.

Not come across any possession yet but to be fair, I've not unlocked most of the powers. The extra stealthy power which no doubt has a much better name does let you go through the little air vents like a rat might do.
Wed 30/11/16 at 14:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I can barely remember the original so can't really confirm any of this. But the levels do seem to have more than their fair share of routes to take. There is also a video out there showing 80 different ways in which to kill one of the targets. As a master of stealth, I chose not to kill him. Next time he won't be so lucky.

There's probably another video showing you 80 ways to avoid killing him...

And probably another showing you how to kill 80 of his mates.

I favoured the rooftops for most of my Dishonored area traversal. The higher the better. Or possessing a rat was always good.
Wed 30/11/16 at 14:06
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
More enemy soldiers, better AI, more convoluted levels. That's just from reading reviews...

I can barely remember the original so can't really confirm any of this. But the levels do seem to have more than their fair share of routes to take. There is also a video out there showing 80 different ways in which to kill one of the targets. As a master of stealth, I chose not to kill him. Next time he won't be so lucky.
Wed 30/11/16 at 08:54
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Played all of Dishonored and subsequent DLCs, not indulged in Dishonored 2 yet, stealth was pretty easy in Dishonored ... so whats changed?

More enemy soldiers, better AI, more convoluted levels. That's just from reading reviews...
Tue 29/11/16 at 19:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Played all of Dishonored and subsequent DLCs, not indulged in Dishonored 2 yet, stealth was pretty easy in Dishonored ... so whats changed?
Tue 29/11/16 at 16:57
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Interesting that you chose the most "chaotic" and messed up character of the two for your stealth attempt (I'd probably do the same!). If Corvo is anything like he was in the first game, he'll be made for stealth, so it should theoretically be a little easier.

I did one run on the first game where I literally pasted everything in sight. Got thrown off the old boy's boat at the end, he really didn't like me...

Well she is the smaller of the 2 so lighter on her feet and harder to spot. Or so my theory goes.

My next play through is Corvo and high chaos and I fully plan to make it high. I will need to release the stealth induced tension.

Tue 29/11/16 at 15:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I always go in with stealth in mind but it usually goes horribly wrong. It never usually bothered my but I don't know if this is something I got from The Last of Us. Keeping my chaos low has almost become an obsession now. I'm sure it would let me off with a few kills here.

I chose Emily. I was going to pick her since Corvo was the star of the last game but the intro made me feel like it was more her story.

Interesting that you chose the most "chaotic" and messed up character of the two for your stealth attempt (I'd probably do the same!). If Corvo is anything like he was in the first game, he'll be made for stealth, so it should theoretically be a little easier.

I did one run on the first game where I literally pasted everything in sight. Got thrown off the old boy's boat at the end, he really didn't like me...
Tue 29/11/16 at 15:20
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
When I'm finally allowed to play it, I'll probably do one run where I just see how it goes. Might be a little chaotic, but I shan't worry too much about that for the first attempt.

Then I'll go back and obsess about not being seen. Seemed to work for me through the first game...

Which character did you pick for your first run?

I always go in with stealth in mind but it usually goes horribly wrong. It never usually bothered my but I don't know if this is something I got from The Last of Us. Keeping my chaos low has almost become an obsession now. I'm sure it would let me off with a few kills here.

I chose Emily. I was going to pick her since Corvo was the star of the last game but the intro made me feel like it was more her story.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.