GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Tue 22/11/16 at 09:06
Regular
"And in last place.."
Just short of 3 hours on Deus Ex Mankind Divided but I've seen enough. I enjoyed the last one but I've really not taken to this one at all. Another one to add to the list of 2016's AAA games that I have found to be disappointing.
Mon 21/11/16 at 22:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Forget the 'over-hyped' Battlefield 1 ... uninstall it and enjoy gaming again with Shadow Warrior 2 ... it's the 'dogs b******s'! Well done Flying Hog Studios

Post edited by DL on 21/11/2016 at 22:45.
Mon 21/11/16 at 20:30
"possibly impossible"
Forgot to get something to wipe off the thermal paste. Hopefully have some cleaning alcohol at home.
Mon 21/11/16 at 19:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:
If my PC gets too hot I'll just stick it outside!

We could always 'couple up' ... would be a long cable though, but my tower is like sitting next to a fridge when it's on ;¬)
Mon 21/11/16 at 12:00
Regular
"And in last place.."
If my PC gets too hot I'll just stick it outside!
Mon 21/11/16 at 11:51
"possibly impossible"

chasfh wrote:
Liquid cooling seems a bit excessive...

Unless you're overclocking?

Yes, overclocking the 6600K. Plus the cooler was free, so no point not using it. Oh, and it looks pretty cool with its infinity glass effect.
Mon 21/11/16 at 11:33
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

pb wrote:
You'd think that 2 hours would be enough time to move all my PC innards to a new case, but by midnight I was ready to give up for the evening (well, my wife wanted me to quit and come downstairs). Mostly done now, but need to double check connectors and install the liquid cooler before I do the switch on.

Liquid cooling seems a bit excessive...

Unless you're overclocking?
Mon 21/11/16 at 09:19
"possibly impossible"
You'd think that 2 hours would be enough time to move all my PC innards to a new case, but by midnight I was ready to give up for the evening (well, my wife wanted me to quit and come downstairs). Mostly done now, but need to double check connectors and install the liquid cooler before I do the switch on.
Sun 20/11/16 at 20:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just tried to get my refund from EA ...

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand"

How very convenient ;¬)
Sun 20/11/16 at 20:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
Try running in DX11 mode if you can; NVidia blatantly have some severe problems with DX12, and have freely admitted so (asynchronous compute for a start). I don't think any amount of game patching is going to solve that...

Looked at that and my card already has DX12 disabled but I've just tried 2 Campaign levels and both have restarted the PC! I am now seriously p****d off and Origin/EA will have a request for a refund tomorrow

Post edited by DL on 20/11/2016 at 20:09.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.