GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design - General Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 22:46
Regular
I was going through the archive earlier and came across Turbo’s Web Design Pledge. Although I can vaguely remember this when it happened, I thought nothing of it, but upon reading it again, something really caught my eye.

“However, the forum is just being "used". Where as forums like the FOG are ever-popular, with people visiting regularly and generally having fun, the Web Design forum is merely being "used" for question and such like. Well, no longer! I want to turn this forum into a proper community.”

He is right here, this forum is only really used by people wanting questions answered, but I think that this forum is probably the best on the site. Mainly because nearly everyone in here knows what they are talking about. But I don’t like how the forum is used just for questions.

So here is what I propose, we use this thread for general chat. Not just web design, anything at all. Since not many people pass through this forum anymore, it won’t get spammed up too much, it’ll just be a place where people can go to be themselves.

If it doesn’t work, then fine. I just think this thread will be able to make this forum more of a community.

So… what’s up everyone? :0)
Page:
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:25
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Cheers Nimco, I'll check that out.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:24
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Meh, I've got two versions of it now so that'll keep me happy till Hard Candy is released :). I'll have a look in my Temp Internet Folder now me thinks.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:24
You could try downloading StreamBox VCR. I haven't used it before, but it looks quite good:

http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~staak/vcr.htm
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:11
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
You could download KaZaA and get it from there (just because it's not released in America yet doesn't mean it's not avaliable, my mate has Spiderman on DVD) or you could download the song from that URL and search for it in your Temp Internet files.
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:54
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Alright all.

I was just wondering if there is anyway that I could save a .ram file that only seems to let me play it when I stream it from the net. There is no "Save target as" option.

http://www.buzztone.com/ccnews/24/track.asp?sel=6

That's the URL. I want to save it because streaming it over and over is getting on my nerves. Also, while your having a go, listen to the song :D. It's the Crows' new song that'll be released in America soon. It's a good tune.

Cheers.
Sun 19/05/02 at 23:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Thats a pretty darn good game, I don't see why it's addictive though, al you do is bob up and down :) cheers for posting that, i'm still hoping that Bonus will post his games online soon :D that wouldbe nice.
Fri 17/05/02 at 12:08
I defy you to find a more addictive flash game than this one...

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/ week13/images/copter.swf

watch the spaces!
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:41
Regular
"How Handy."
No one would tell us when we left because everyone would buy eggs and flour and chuck em at each other..

Someone leaked the info though :D
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
King James break up tomorrow too.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:29
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Bah, nearly all the Year 11's have broke up apart from the one at my school. Damn school keeping us till tomorrow, I can't really complain though because all we do is doss.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.