GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email servers down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/15 at 13:03
Regular
Anyone else fed up of waiting for their email to be fixed- why do Freeola not put out realistic status? Last was 3 hours ago saying will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Tue 25/08/15 at 23:11
"Are you sure?"
My standard/Freedom webmail also fails.
EmailPro webmail does work as expected.

As the email server is currently unreachable the data will be unavailable however you try to access it.

@DL are you checking the right type of webmail?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 23:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
SMT wrote:
Just to say I have access to Webmail but it doesn't work either.

Wot a sham, juiced cheked myne an it awl woked. U must be doin sumut wrong
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:58
Regular
FreeoIa wrote:
Any chance of letting customers use Webmail when other email options down?

Just to say I have access to Webmail but it doesn't work either.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:55
Regular
Eccles wrote:
Only if the emails never reached our servers and the sending server has given up trying to send will mail potentially be lost. Any mail that was queued at the MX servers will have been processed, forwarded and be waiting in inboxes.
If the sending server is properly configured to comply with the RFC it should continue retrying to send at ever increasing intervals for a few days before giving up.

OK, ta - at least that's something then.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:54
Regular
DL wrote:
SMT wrote:
[i]
Not sure what your problem with understanding plain English is. I pay for Email Freedom. It is not free. I don't have Freeola broadband. I used to but cancelled that and signed up for Email Freedom to maintain my email accounts from when I had broadband with Freeola.

Please see recent posts below, these seem to confirm that my capability to acquire and use complex systems of communication i.e. an ability to understand the English Language, is quite acceptable.[/i]

Surprised you can see daylight to be honest...
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:45
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Only if the emails never reached our servers and the sending server has given up trying to send will mail potentially be lost. Any mail that was queued at the MX servers will have been processed, forwarded and be waiting in inboxes.
If the sending server is properly configured to comply with the RFC it should continue retrying to send at ever increasing intervals for a few days before giving up.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
SMT wrote:

Not sure what your problem with understanding plain English is. I pay for Email Freedom. It is not free. I don't have Freeola broadband. I used to but cancelled that and signed up for Email Freedom to maintain my email accounts from when I had broadband with Freeola.

Please see recent posts below, these seem to confirm that my capability to acquire and use complex systems of communication i.e. an ability to understand the English Language, is quite acceptable.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:37
Regular
@ Eccles

Are we actually looking at emails being lost during this service failure?
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:26
"Are you sure?"
Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:20
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@Hmmm... yes this has been done. I had been DM'ing them beforehand so that probably prompted the message to others.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.