GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email servers down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/15 at 13:03
Regular
Anyone else fed up of waiting for their email to be fixed- why do Freeola not put out realistic status? Last was 3 hours ago saying will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Tue 25/08/15 at 20:28
Regular
i use email freedome, which i pay for.
untill yesterday i was very happy with it.
Im off on holiday friday and was expecting emails with confirmation details, travel arangments and the usual holiday related emails. these need to be sorted asap. now the family are stressing over the lack of information due to this outage.
If its not back by morning i'll be looking for another hosting service.
Tue 25/08/15 at 20:19
Regular
I use the free service and am obviously not receiving emails. I'm looking to upgrade to emailpro. I use Outlook. I'm told that if I upgrade I will never receive today's emails. does anyone know a way around this? I'm happy to upgrade so that I start getting mails again but will there really be no way to receive the emails from today, when the problem is fixed?
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:30
Regular
DL wrote:
SMT wrote:
[i]Classic "I'm alright Jack"!!!

For the record, I'm sure those of us not receiving emails, some of which might be important, take little consolation from that.

Forget that comment matey, I've been here far too long to accept criticism of Freeola's services ... I use FREE email aswell as email pro, which you may realise is 'paid for' if you don't have a Freeola broadband connection!

If your business or whatever relies on 'receiving emails that may be important' then don't use a 'free email package' ... simples.[/i]

So Freeola are beyond criticism are they?

I pay for the email service, it isn't free. If you pay for a service, you expect to receive it. That's only fair and an element of frustration under circumstances where you don't get what you pay for is understandable, as is criticism.

So Freeola aren't above that, whatever you personally want to believe.
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
SMT wrote:
Classic "I'm alright Jack"!!!

For the record, I'm sure those of us not receiving emails, some of which might be important, take little consolation from that.

Forget that comment matey, I've been here far too long to accept criticism of Freeola's services ... I use FREE email aswell as email pro, which you may realise is 'paid for' if you don't have a Freeola broadband connection!

If your business or whatever relies on 'receiving emails that may be important' then don't use a 'free email package' ... simples.

@Hmmm ... I know;¬)
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:12
Regular
chasfh wrote:

I am not entirely sure how emphatic you wish us to be, but as I previously stated, we ARE chasing this as hard as we can, and ADDITIONALLY, we have sent two of our systems team ON-SITE despite it NOT being our equipment or sphere of influence.

Unfortunately, none of this puts it any nearer our control...

Neither does the fact that we have been in constant contact with the data centre...

Neither does our attempt to implement workaround solutions, such as getting the servers re-routed via a different network...

We COULD post a load of blarney about how we are doing this, that and something else, however from our perspective we would rather supply you with the truth. We DON'T know how long this is going to take, we WERE told two hours from 9:45 this morning, we ARE now being told "Some point today"...

As I said, customers of Freeola are customers of Freeola, not anyone else. Freeola is responsible for the service provided, whoever their third party provider is.

So, you know, the tone of some comments coming from Freeola and the 'blaming it on others' angle (whilst, granted, it might have some validity) doesn't really convey a great deal of (genuine) sympathy for those waiting over a day for emails they have paid good money to receive.
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:10
Regular
Possibly the last straw for me!
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:06
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
susannah123 wrote:
Yes I am completely fed up with not having emails. Surely its within the bounds of Freeola to get their act together and provide the service their customers have a right to. When are we to expect the next update and does it continue to be worked on?

I'm waiting for important emails - does life just stop for the goodness knows how long?

Yours disgustedly

Please see my previous responses.

Again, I am NOT about to suggest to my colleagues/ bosses that we start placating customers with "nonsense responses" or misinformation to mislead and misdirect.

The issue IS WITH THE DATA CENTRE and THEIR NETWORK, not our hardware. I appreciate that your contract is with us, however us telling you exactly what the issue is qualifies as good customer service in most cases, why not in this one?

When we get updated, you'll get updated, that I can promise.

Anything further is pretty much speculation...
Tue 25/08/15 at 19:03
Regular
DL wrote:
EDIT: For the record, my emails are regular and reliable from all 8 addresses.

Classic "I'm alright Jack"!!!

Tue 25/08/15 at 18:52
"Are you sure?"
DL wrote:
...For the record, my emails are regular and reliable from all 8 addresses.

@DL - This ongoing issue is affecting all customers using the standard (+Freedom) hosting and email services so I'm guessing you are referring to VIP accounts.

@Freeola - Thanks for updating your status page regularly throughout this, more updates than the data centre providers have provided!

I've seen a few people trying to 'reach out' (should only be used when referencing The 4 Tops!) to you on Twitter - it would be worth you referring them to your Service Status page and/or using your Twitter account to acknowledge the outage?

#Headache
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 18:38
Regular
Yes I am completely fed up with not having emails. Surely its within the bounds of Freeola to get their act together and provide the service their customers have a right to. When are we to expect the next update and does it continue to be worked on?

I'm waiting for important emails - does life just stop for the goodness knows how long?

Yours disgustedly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.