GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email servers down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/15 at 13:03
Regular
Anyone else fed up of waiting for their email to be fixed- why do Freeola not put out realistic status? Last was 3 hours ago saying will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Wed 26/08/15 at 11:39
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You jinxed it :(. I am bugging them already!
Wed 26/08/15 at 11:31
"Are you sure?"
Email and websites are DOWN again for me :(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/08/15 at 08:38
"Are you sure?"
Things are looking normal this morning with website traffic back.
Email sent during the outage has arrived - always tricky to tell if anything did fail.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/08/15 at 08:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Both my accounts seem to be working now, presume everyone else is the same?
Wed 26/08/15 at 07:33
Regular
Perhaps this is a way of making customers upgrade to emailpro
Wed 26/08/15 at 01:14
Regular
I have just upgraded to emailpro and am currently out the country. I had been using the maildroid app to retrieve emails and can see today's emails coming through. However, emails from the previous 10 days are no longer visable on this maildroid app or on the webmail.

Can someone advise whether the old emails come through when the server is back up and running?

I'm also concerned that when I'm back in the UK and open my oulook on my laptop that I won't be able to see all emails on the previous server.

When upgrading to emailpro do the emails from the previous server automatically get pulled through? If not can I "downgrade" and retrieve mail from the previous free server? Bit worried.
Wed 26/08/15 at 00:48
"Are you sure?"
Websites are back for me!
...and email looks like it's waking up.

#phew
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 23:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@Hmmm... I have not yet got confirmation. Hopefully nearer the front of the queue than the back!. I do have some more technical info as to the cause but didn't put it on the network status as to most people it is meaningless and I doubt they care!
I am now passing over monitoring of this to a colleague but they may not post much if there is nothing to report. I will be alerted automatically should our monitoring detect a return of the service.
Tue 25/08/15 at 23:22
"Are you sure?"
@Eccles
I've read the last NOC update that mentions tomorrow PM as a possible end to service restoration. Have they confirmed Freeola's position in the queue?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 23:11
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Webmail (both webmail.freeola.com and EmailPro webmail) read email directly from the accounts on the relevant email servers. That is why you will not be able to use webmail.freeola.com at the moment as it is for mail accounts hosted on the free/freedom platform. The server for the webmail is in a different data centre though, hence it still being reachable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.