GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email servers down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/15 at 13:03
Regular
Anyone else fed up of waiting for their email to be fixed- why do Freeola not put out realistic status? Last was 3 hours ago saying will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:15
Regular
DL wrote:
SMT wrote:
[i]So Freeola aren't above that, whatever you personally want to believe.

"FREE E-MAIL SERVERS
The status of our incoming and outgoing free POP3 email servers."

Free means free if you have a Freeola broadband connection or not ... so what's the gripe? Do you have a Freeola connection or do you get your broadband from another provider?[/i]

Not sure what your problem with understanding plain English is. I pay for Email Freedom. It is not free. I don't have Freeola broadband. I used to but cancelled that and signed up for Email Freedom to maintain my email accounts from when I had broadband with Freeola.
Tue 25/08/15 at 22:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles.
The data centre providers have recently asked (via Twitter) that customers DM them to get in a 'support queue'.
Could you please update us if this has been done - if applicable?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
My apologies munter, I misread your post.
If you have broadband with us you are entitled to EmailPro on 1 domain for free. I can see that you have not used this offer in your account. If you go to the EmailPro page in your MyFreeola account you should see this option.
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:52
Regular
Eccles wrote:
munter, I cannot see any EmailPro addresses in your account. I can see addresses using Email Freedom. You might want to view the list of email addresses, where there is a key that clearly displays against each email address to show it's type. You do have some addresses on your own domain. This domain and associated addresses can be upgraded to EmailPro.

I know I don't have any email pro addresses.
But I AM signed up for Freeola PRO broadband.

My point was that I didn't realise that the PRO broadband package only comes with second rate freebie email, and I can be fobbed off with "well, you get what you pay for"
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
FWIW I too have business related emails I could really do with reading but can appreciate that frustrating as this is it appears to be outside of Freeola's power to get this issue sorted. Had a similar situation a couple of weeks back with our credit card server, the downtime turned out be an issue with a third party who seemed unable to perform any quick fix, in that case it transpired something had seriously broken. It was very frustrating and cost us a fair amount of money as well as having to deal with some very unhappy customers. Unfortunately stuff like this will happen from time to time but at least we're not left on hold for hours waiting to speak to 'Steve' in India as we would be with other providers.

Thanks for the update Eccles, hope you can get this sorted for us soon.
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
munter, I cannot see any EmailPro addresses in your account. I can see addresses using Email Freedom. You might want to view the list of email addresses, where there is a key that clearly displays against each email address to show it's type. You do have some addresses on your own domain. This domain and associated addresses can be upgraded to EmailPro.
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:24
Regular
DL wrote:
SMT wrote:
[i]So Freeola aren't above that, whatever you personally want to believe.

"FREE E-MAIL SERVERS

Free means free if you have a Freeola broadband connection or not ... so what's the gripe? Do you have a Freeola connection or do you get your broadband from another provider?[/i]

I am signed up for Freeola Pro (NOTE that word PRO)
For which I pay £24.98 per month.
This package includes email addresses. (As do all ISP's packages).

At NO TIME was I informed that these email addresses are third rate, unreliable, "they're free so what's your gripe", email addresses.

I signed up for the PRO package because I use my email PROFESSIONALLY.

I am currently VERY unhappy
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one Eccles :¬)
Tue 25/08/15 at 21:01
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,
I am really sorry for all the stress and frustration this outage is causing you all. I am working to get this resolved along with my colleague's as soon as I can and I have been working on this since approximately 5PM yesterday.
It is extremely disappointing to not be able to provide the high level of service you expect.
I will try and keep the network status page updated and will pass responsibility for this over to someone else when I need some sleep!
If you use email freedom on your own domain (not a Freeola f500 address) then you can upgrade to EmailPro if you wish. Any mail that did not make it into our system should then be delivered to the EmailPro system (once the DNS has propagated the MX changes) if the sending server continues to attempt to resend (most do for a couple of days or so). We cannot guarantee the receipt of email though.
Those of you who are getting a little irate, I appreciate that you are angry but please refrain from directing your anger at other Freeola customers. At the end of the day we all just want this fixed!
In the mean time please accept my apologies if I don't engage in further conversation here, I am sure you would rather I was doing my bit to resolve this issue instead!
Tue 25/08/15 at 20:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
SMT wrote:
So Freeola aren't above that, whatever you personally want to believe.

"FREE E-MAIL SERVERS

Free means free if you have a Freeola broadband connection or not ... so what's the gripe? Do you have a Freeola connection or do you get your broadband from another provider?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.