GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX vs GAMECUBE vs PLAYSTATION 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 10:28
Regular
Well, the war has begun for the number 1 console slot and xbox semms to be taking a firm grasp over the other 2 consoles. Xbox released on the 14 of March and has already sold over 16,000 consoles within the U.K making a much better launch than the Playstation 2 did.

I dont think the gamecube will do to well in this fierce war as the games just arent as exciting as the others and its just not popular enough to beat the massive company of microsoft or the long going playstation era.

I think xbox will turn out to be the daddy of consoles and will beat the playstation and the gamecube, many people will agree that xbox is just to powerfull for the oter two.
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:53
Regular
"accidental superher"
i read it the latest issue of oxm
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:04
beanz your'r dead right about VF and it will not be a straight port of the ps2 one as this will have some new moves/new fighters and some new locations. It will be known as VF 4.1 and thats from inside the gaming world
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
also it's cos of the fact that gamecube are taking some of the exclusives from sony that i MIGHT get a gamecube. sony seems to be losing at the most seeing as they are at the top. they are slowly losing their exclusives to xbox and gamecube. there are rumours that virua fighter 4, metal gear solid x will appear on the xbox...and then the examples i gave before for the gamecube. but if you have all the consoles (like i most probably will) -you're in the best position :)....don't lose out on anything
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:27
Regular
"accidental superher"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
> Fair point beanz. But the thing is that the DOA seris was on the playstation
> first wasn't it?

yep it was....but then it went multiconsole (sorta) with doa 2 as it appeared on the dreamcast as well.

So Microsoft has gone around pulling strings and got DOA3 as an
> exclusive X-Box title.
Now, that will get people such as you who DOA appeals to,
> to go and buy an X-Box dragging away customers from Sony.

well one exclusive title doesn't drag people away from a company. if doa 3 was the only game that appealed to me it wouldn't warrant me splashing out 300 quid for the console. luckily though there are 8 games that appeal to me (all launch) of which i have 6...and they are all xbox exclusive for the moment.

This will of course
> create tension between the companies and Sony will try to do something similar
> to prevent people from getting an X-Box but a PS2 instead.

naturally...but there is always going to be tension no matter what cos each company wants to be the best.

But i don't think it's good to head
> one way at the expense of someone else's.

problem is it CAN'T be avoided. everyone is going to try get the exclusives and take them from their competitors. xbox got oddworld, doa3, dino crisis from sony, gamecube has got resident evil series, getting their own FF exclusives etc. To beat competitors, i think you DO have to "steal" exclusives.
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Fair point beanz. But the thing is that the DOA seris was on the playstation first wasn't it? So Microsoft has gone around pulling strings and got DOA3 as an exclusive X-Box title. Now, that will get people such as you who DOA appeals to, to go and buy an X-Box dragging away customers from Sony. This will of course create tension between the companies and Sony will try to do something similar to prevent people from getting an X-Box but a PS2 instead. This of course is the console war and as long as there are at least two video game console manufactuers producing for the market there will be a war. Of course you should always head the way of the games you like. But i don't think it's good to head one way at the expense of someone else's.
Thu 04/04/02 at 11:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
LOL...az isn't as bad as baker or jackass though...
Thu 04/04/02 at 10:13
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
ALRIGHT! Jackass has been banned too :D

If only Az_00_uk would swear more...
Thu 04/04/02 at 00:58
Regular
"accidental superher"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:

You also said that GameCube games aren't as exciting
> as X-Box games. Well, how would you know if you've never played on the GameCube?
> Check out Super Smash Bros. Melee and Rouge Leader for exciting games.

games are all about taste...which is why i find console wars SOOOO POINTLESS. you see super smash doesn't really appeal to...i prefer the looks of doa 3....
air combat games don't appeal to me either...
you see for some these are obviously exciting games...but not for others

Finally, remember the power of the X-Box isn't what will make it
> a good console , it's what the developers and Microsoft can do with the console
> which will make it good. Without doing that the power it could use is just
> meaningless.

too true i fully agree.
Wed 03/04/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Posting that message shows how little you know about the console war. 16,000 consoles sold on launch day doesn't sound enough to take a strangle-hold on the market if you ask me.

You also said that GameCube games aren't as exciting as X-Box games. Well, how would you know if you've never played on the GameCube? Check out Super Smash Bros. Melee and Rouge Leader for exciting games. You also mentioned the Playstation's "Long-going era," if I'm not mistaken Nintendo stepped into the console ring, oh, all of about ten years before Sony (NES 1983).

Finally, remember the power of the X-Box isn't what will make it a good console , it's what the developers and Microsoft can do with the console which will make it good. Without doing that the power it could use is just meaningless.
Wed 03/04/02 at 10:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
you two really should sort out your acts....you're bringing the whole forum down with all this spamming and insults

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.