GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX vs GAMECUBE vs PLAYSTATION 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 10:28
Regular
Well, the war has begun for the number 1 console slot and xbox semms to be taking a firm grasp over the other 2 consoles. Xbox released on the 14 of March and has already sold over 16,000 consoles within the U.K making a much better launch than the Playstation 2 did.

I dont think the gamecube will do to well in this fierce war as the games just arent as exciting as the others and its just not popular enough to beat the massive company of microsoft or the long going playstation era.

I think xbox will turn out to be the daddy of consoles and will beat the playstation and the gamecube, many people will agree that xbox is just to powerfull for the oter two.
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:27
I have a playstation 2 and X-Box and I have to say after only one week I find already that the x-box has been worth every penny where-as the ps2 took 4 months to get its worth back in my opinion, I love both consoles dont get me wrong but I find Sony's monoply of the market is blinding gamers to more complete package of the x-box
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Microsoft will do well, but I can only see one winner in this round of consoles and thats the PS2.

The PS2 has sold so many consoles due to its head start. Sony have the label they are the Nike of the computer world. It may not have the best games or specs but the average gamer who wants a quick 30 min blast on a game will buy a PS2.

Xbox is very impressive, had mine since launch and still playing on it every day. When I had the PS2 at launch I played on it for about 2 weeks and didnt touch it much til 4 months later when some good games came out.

Xbox is put down by it being a Microsoft product. People hate Microsoft because of Windows, yet we all use Windows. Sony and Nintendo both have die hard fans, that would literally do anything to make there favoured console the best.

All 3 consoles are great, I enjoy my PS2 and my Xbox and cant wait till I get my GC in the summer.

I dont know how well Microsoft will do, in America its done really well. But in Japan its suffering and it seems only the UK has taken to the Xbox out of Europe.
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:43
Regular
I think it's fair to say you hit the nail squarely on the head there, Rza. ;o)
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"this is a tagline"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Why are you posting about the war of the consoles in the XBOX forum when
> everyone here will just say that XBOX will win?

----

Most of the users here are level headed enough to comment on the future of gaming without being bias to one particular machine.

As as you see from our posts below we are realistic in our arguments, as we have the gaming knowledge to back up our posts with facts and details of why we came to such a conclusion.

Also, many users own more than one machine - so their comments will be rational and fair. You don't hear us saying: "bloodwake is on X-Box so it's far better than MGS2 and all MOH:AA which aren't [arguably yet] on X-Box" do you.

Thank you, thank you ;-)

Rza.
Fri 05/04/02 at 19:10
jackass wrote>>>

''I dont think the gamecube will do to well in this fierce war as the games just arent as exciting as the others and its just not popular enough to beat the massive company of microsoft or the long going playstation era'

Surly the "long going" as you put it, console maker is nintendo. They have launched, what, eight or nine consoles?
Sony have launched just 2.
Fri 05/04/02 at 19:06
I think The Playstation 2 will be dominant for about 1 1/2 years from now. I dont want this to happen, but, it surly will due to their image. Microsft are new to consoles, and nintendo have a hell of an image to shake of with the poor succsess of the n64. About mid 2003 most people will see how much better the gamecube and xbox are ( eventually they will be, they are newer, tecnically better and more thought out ). but for the time being the playstation brand will bring in a lot of money for sony.
Fri 05/04/02 at 19:01
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Why are you posting about the war of the consoles in the XBOX forum when everyone here will just say that XBOX will win?
Fri 05/04/02 at 18:46
Regular
Yea, Microsoft should hopefully sort themselves out as the producers of a grown-up console that has great games - 2 things which neither the PS2 nor the Gamecube can do at the same time.

I wouldn't bet any money on any console winning the 'war' though, as it all depends on marketing. Forget the power, forget the games. Marketing.

Sega released the Saturn in 1995, three weeks before the Playstation was released. Arcades are full of Sega games, Sega had been making games for years and had established a large consumer base with the Mega Drive. Along comes Sony with no experience in the games market, with a console that was initially designed to be a CD drive for the SNES!!

Now, in all honesty, who would you have predicted to win? Exactly, Sega. They didn't - Sony and their lack of experience, average games and sequal upon sequel hammered Sega into the ground, along with their 15+ years of arcade experience, back-catalogue of games and quality-over-quantity approach. Why? Marketing.

If Microsoft is clever enough with its money and markets the Xbox wisely, they'll win. If not, they won't. Simple as that.
Fri 05/04/02 at 16:49
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Rick Belluzzo aka Bill Gates ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised...

I don't think that X-Box will fail. I sold my PS2 on Tuesday for an X-Box which I'm getting in 2 days (!!!). Once I was sure that X-Box would win the so-called "console war", but now I'm not so sure.

Sony has a huge user base with it's "PLAYSTATION" trademark and Nintendo is associated with young kids and parents as "the one with the cuddly characters".

If Microsoft can just stay in the middle of these two, and continue to develop some top quality games I can see it becoming pretty big in the next two years.

We'll just have to wait and see!!

Rza.
Fri 05/04/02 at 16:42
Regular
That's right. His name was Rick Belluzzo, the Microsoft president and Chief Operating Officer responsible for Xbox and other consumer products. He'll be leaving the company on 1 May.

Don't worry too much though, as I doubt Microsoft will let their all singing, all dancing console lose any grace - they're American after all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.