GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX vs GAMECUBE vs PLAYSTATION 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 10:28
Regular
Well, the war has begun for the number 1 console slot and xbox semms to be taking a firm grasp over the other 2 consoles. Xbox released on the 14 of March and has already sold over 16,000 consoles within the U.K making a much better launch than the Playstation 2 did.

I dont think the gamecube will do to well in this fierce war as the games just arent as exciting as the others and its just not popular enough to beat the massive company of microsoft or the long going playstation era.

I think xbox will turn out to be the daddy of consoles and will beat the playstation and the gamecube, many people will agree that xbox is just to powerfull for the oter two.
Tue 02/04/02 at 18:57
Regular
give me some loveee, give me some skin, if we aint got that then we aint got much and we aint got nothing nothing.
thankyou
i will be purchasing an xbox withinthe next 6 months.
Tue 02/04/02 at 18:45
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
jackass wrote:
> whos the ediot who keeps on saying that the xbox is like a pc, its nothing like
> it so just shutup

Who's the idiot who can't spell !
Tue 02/04/02 at 18:12
Um...XBox is nothing like a PC???!

Well.....

If we are talking about a intel i386 compatible PC running Microsoft Windows (your standard PC) then I think the XBox is very similar to a PC.....Why??

They are both built around Intel compatible CPU's, in fact the XBox is the first console to utilise an intel compatible CPU, and it uses a branded Intel chip.

XBox contains a Hard Disk virtually IDENTICAL to the one in my PC...

XBox runs Windows 2000 kernel with Direct X 8.0 API. Again, almost identical to my XP PC with DirectX 8.0

The list goes on......

Ie, the XBox is built around the same architecture as the PC. Thus developers have commented how easy it is theoretically to port PC games to XBox.

Thus, the XBox is virtually a PC in a gaming shell. With a few minor security differences, eg XBox uses FatX filesystem, they can be considered pretty much the same damn architecture.

Now shut up and do your research b4 u think.
Tue 02/04/02 at 17:38
Regular
"XBOX RULES!!!"
whos the ediot who keeps on saying that the xbox is like a pc, its nothing like it so just shutup
Tue 02/04/02 at 17:34
Regular
"XBOX RULES!!!"
im sorry for annoying you MR.BIGMAN and its true ive never played on the gamecube and im sure its really good but i just think xbox is better and thats final im sorry
Tue 02/04/02 at 16:22
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I'm not saying that Xbox is a bad console but that guy Jackass, he annoys me as he caries on about how Nintendo are rubbish but they are not, has he played the Gamecube ?
I'm not going to start dissing the Xbox because i've never played it but have held he controller and it does remind me of the Dreamcast controller. It's people like him (their are also others on the Nintendo & PS2 forums who do the same) that are ignorant especially if they have n't palyed the console. If I was to now start dissing the Xbox and would get a loud of posts saying that I was an idiot etc and that I should go back to the Nintendo forum !
I think this guy Jackass is doing the same thing (although in the cover of the Xbox forum) !!!!!

The BIGMAN
Tue 02/04/02 at 16:14
Regular
"BOSE"
i'll wait 4 someone else to explain it to you. i'm not an expert
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:59
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
But it's true, most of the components are PC bit's like the Pentium processor and Nivada graphics. It also has a hard drive so how can that not be PC. It's basically a game playing PC !!!!
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:55
Regular
"BOSE"
you're damn right Buffy's coming to our Xbox! :)

and is Xbox an PC? no, it's not. the only thing jelous people can say about Xbox is that "it's a PC! it's a PC!" - yawn. and it's not a PC. they only say that cause they can't diss it cause it's the daddy of consoles :)
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:50
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
X box is basically a PC !!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.