GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/08/06 at 22:09
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chat about football!
Page:
Sun 15/10/06 at 18:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
2-1 win away. First away win of the season, shame that city won as well.

Torquay in a cup match Tuesday - against our old manager. I'd pay a bit to have a yell at him! :D
Sun 15/10/06 at 19:16
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Grrr, 3rd loss in a row...
Can't do anything about the result so theres not much point arguing it.
But, I can't believe Coventry would still have 11 men (if you can call them all that) on the pitch at the end.

I think I might be here all night listing stuff, but I won't.
Although I think I've now seen the worst case of 'simulation' that I've had the misfortune to witness:
Luke Guttridge makes a tackle maybe leaves his boot in a bit ;) and the coventry guy goes down like a sack of spuds writhing around in agony clutching himself like his internal organs were about to flop out onto the pitch hitting the floor with his spare fist.
Ref calls Mr Guttridge over gives him a yellow and the guy immediately gets up and runs off and the ref just ignores it, doesn't even ask him to leave and then return to the pitch.

Got to forget that now, onward to the next game at home Vs Ipswich.
Mon 16/10/06 at 09:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A good 1-0 away win after our 4-0 drubbing last weekend got Bristol City at home on Saturday in a clash of the top 2 given our home form I'd probably rather play them away!

Think we might get the win but I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw.
Mon 16/10/06 at 10:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
PLEASE WIN THAT MATCH!

The s'heads are giving us loads of grief about being up the top... Hammer home the message. I think Junior (if he's likely to play) will want to smash a few past them.

Good luck smeds...

We have Torquay tomorrow night and Macclesfield on Saturday. We'll lose the M'field one as they're at rock bottom (about 4 points/7points out of 14 games!)
Mon 16/10/06 at 12:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hopefully we will!

Got the LDV Vans trophy (or whatever it's called now) away at Gillingham again tomorrow night if we win it'll be a good result and if we lose it means we can concentrate on the league :P
Mon 16/10/06 at 13:19
Regular
"..."
I can see Calderwood giving starts to some fringe players in the Johnston's (Like watching) Paint (Dry) Trophy.
Although I believe they've brought in some sort of rule meaning that you have to play a certain % of your normal starting 11. Ridiculous if you ask me...
Tue 17/10/06 at 09:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hmmmmmmm how can you define your "normal" starting 11?

It'll be a good chance for a few members of the squad who haven't had much match practice to get a game to prove their worth.
Tue 17/10/06 at 12:51
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> Hmmmmmmm how can you define your "normal" starting 11?

I think there's some criteria, which focus on things like number of league games played so far. All seems a bit complicated and very difficult to enforce to me...

> It'll be a good chance for a few members of the squad who
> haven't had much match practice to get a game to prove their
> worth.

CC has already announced that he's giving a first start to Robert Hughes. I'm quite surprised that he's forced his way ahead of James Beaumont, who looked class in pre-season.
Tue 17/10/06 at 14:50
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Beer and abuse for the Torquay manager tonight (well, beer for me, yelling at Atkins is, well, for Atkins)

Nah, I'll join in with the crowd chants - nothing that'll get me on the TV! Or into trouble... Ok, I'll probably end up keeping quiet!

Good luck guys!
Wed 18/10/06 at 09:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
2-1 away win last night didn't listen to the match so I don't know how well we played.

Had a massive attendance of 1817!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.