GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Sun 22/10/00 at 11:51
I have to admit sometimes I do across that way. Sorry. But it is quite annoying to find that someone who pre-ordered days after you did knows hes going to get a release day PS2, whereas you dont know at all! Thats quite frustrating, and I guess Ill have to find out through my mate in the Wollies store to find out the exact date when Ill be getting mine- Ill assume theyll have the list for those whos going to get theirs on release day. As mine is one of the top 200 stores in the country(thats why they had a great number of pre-orders than most), and I was first to book, I assumed that by going in early I would be getting a release PS2. Lets hope that rumour about the release date isnt true, if it is, then it will annoy a lot of electrical and games retailers because of the ads theyve been putting out lately about "Pre order yours before so-and-so date to get a PS2 for Christmas"- I just hope the European market is not short changed by the big players yet again. By the way, I can get the rumour confirmed cause I know Paul Davies, whos the editor of CVG magazine. Lastly, has anyone else had any problems with Sony or has been reluctant to give you any info, or has been told thay they wont get a PS2 on release day, but another day afterwards.
Sat 21/10/00 at 13:57
Damo wrote:
> By the way Kieran, there is no need for spite nor sarcasm to get
> your point across. At least I can say that I have played the PS2
> earlier than ANYONE in this country(the general public)- I got to
> play a pre-release Japanese PS2 with dev versions of Ridge Racer
> V, TTT, Fantavision and Dead or Alive 2 in early February this year!

Sorry about the sarcasm, but you must admit that you were giving me a bit of attitude. You do come accross as being a bit arrogant with your answers, as the above post suggests.

All this aside, i think that you are right about the helpline clamming up. They are no longer willing to discuss much about the PS2 launch. I phoned up last night on behalf of a friend and i think i got the same spotty twit that Babylonian got. Some of the guys on the hotline are right jerks, and i am sure that they enjoy every minute of this pre-order c**p.

I am starting to change my mind about Sony and the PS2, and am considering my position with regards to the console. They (Sony) don't seem to know exactly what is going on themselves, and there is rumours that there will be another delay to the launch. This is only a rumour, but i feel that it cannot be dismissed judging by Sony's record so far with the British launch.

I think that the reason they are keeping the number of European PS2's a secret is so that if they come up short in America, they can re-direct some of the European shipment to the U.S.A.

It wouldn't take much of a conversion job, would it.

Then it would be easy to delay the European launch for another 2 weeks. This of course would bring it closer to christmas, and make the machines even hotter property to own.

These are just "worst-case" ideas, and are not intended to be thought of as truth. Pessimistic or what eh ?
Sat 21/10/00 at 10:28
By the way Kieran, there is no need for spite nor sarcasm to get your point across. At least I can say that I have played the PS2 earlier than ANYONE in this country(the general public)- I got to play a pre-release Japanese PS2 with dev versions of Ridge Racer V, TTT, Fantavision and Dead or Alive 2 in early February this year!
Sat 21/10/00 at 10:20
I respect your opinion Kieran, and fair doos is you manage to secure a launch day PS2 even though you ordered late, but in regards to sending off the forms, I have a mate that works in the Woolworths that I pre-ordered from, and becuase some of the staff were pre-ordering PS2's that day too, they decided to send the forms they have filled in that day direct to where they would be processed. I still dont understand why some people managed to find out when they are getting hold of their PS2's and people like me, just get "Im afraid we cannot give you that information because it is not delt with at this office". It does make me believe that so many people have caught onto the idea that they just put a stop to telling everyone who phones in, and just tells them to wait for when they get their letters. I have a feeling though that it is not first come first served, it is infact the number of the form you have designates where in the queue you will be.
Fri 20/10/00 at 20:52
Believe what you want Damo, i have been told by Sony, the Woolworths branch where i pre-ordered and Woolworths head office for North Wales that i have one on launch day. Did you also know that the pre-orders were not handled by Sony, they were sorted by a company in North Wales(Bangor to be exact). This info came from Woolworths head office, check it out if you want.

And what if i get one on launch day and you don't, it will be real hard luck, but why take it out on me. It is your right to complain, but it will not get you anywhere. I can't see Sony having a change of heart and turning up on my doorstep asking for the machine back, because Damo has complained, can you?

It will not be the first time that a big corporation has not been fair, and it certainly won't be the last.

It was a bit of a shock when i was told that i would be getting one on launch day, and i am sure that many people are seething because i ordered late. I am really sorry if you don't get one on launch day, but if you were in my position, would you throw away this chance for me?

I think NOT.

By the way, how do you know that the pre-order form was sent that afternoon. Most big companies send off paperwork by courier once or twice a week.

Also, each store had it's own allocation of PS2's, so i wouldn't take much notice of the first come, first served idea.
Fri 20/10/00 at 20:28
Hey guys, what number did you phone? Cause I phoned the 0845 number, and they said that the department the dealt with the pre-orders would know when I were to recieve my Playstation 2. Did they also tell you if your were on the prioity list or not? I cant believe that you would be getting one on release Kieran, considering that my Woolies sent out my application the afternoon after I filled it in on the 7th. Im gonna complain to Sony that their policy is rubbish if it turns out you get one before me(not if we get them on the same day of course!). I have pre-order so many release games, and I wanna play them on release of the PS2!!!
Wed 18/10/00 at 22:37
HA HA HA !!!

You know what Grix, you are probably right.

Sony have the last laugh and flood the UK with 5 million units for launch.

You can see the headlines now, can't you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 18/10/00 at 22:34
Regular
In my life, I hve noticed that odd things happen to me.
I am expecting on the 27th to walk into Woolies and see a few PS2's on the shelf.
I just know its gonna happen... just because I don't want one...
Wed 18/10/00 at 22:33
Well Damo, to get you even more worried, i didn't pre-order until the 12th of Sept, and i have still got one on the 24th. Is it another conspiacy.

See you guys, now will you trust my information. I have a very good source.....................
Wed 18/10/00 at 22:26
Regular
Do not want to upset you too much Damo, but my mate who also pre ordered on 7th sept at Game has been confirmed over the phone that his machine will be avaliable for collection from retailer on launch day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.