GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Tue 03/10/00 at 10:32
No, haven't got mine yet, I pre-ordered at EB in Staines. From what the sales guy told me there, the EB forms would be sent to their head office the next day, with their weekly paperwork. This may account for us not receiving our confirmation yet, as they would have received our forms later than those who pre-ordered from a store who sent theirs the same day. It does not however, place us any further back in the queue as regards actually getting a machine on launch day.

Does that make any sense?!!!?!?
Tue 03/10/00 at 10:42
I still have not received my confirmation yet either so dont worry you are not alone.

To email sony write to: [email protected]
Or
Phone them on: 0990 998877

You might as well not bother though as the replies I have had have basically amounted to 'just be patient the forms are being processed'.
Tue 03/10/00 at 12:23
Good news on the pre-order front!!

This is the latest reply I have had from Sony:

Allocation of PS2 is according to when they were ordered. This allows us to operate on a first come, first served basis, which we believe is the fairest way to allocate the available stock.

Regards,

PSUK Customer Service
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:08
I suppose this means to the minute? My form was filled in at around 8.30 am on the 7th. A colleague ordered his over the net at 12.01 am on the 7th. I assume this means he'll be one of the first on the list. I'm guessing most stores opened at about 8am on pr-order day. Does that mean I'll be one of the first 200,000? I'm beginning to think not. Aaah!! This is driving me insane. Breath.........Breath.......Breath........
I just keep telling myself it doesn't matter if I don't get it on launch day. As long as it's before Christmas, that's fine. I'm far too old to be this impatient, surely? (27 yesterday) Is anyone else suffering like this, or should I pull myself together?
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:30
You're by no means alone. I'm 29, Matt's age is unknown, but he's married, and judging by his posts, I'm guessing he's around the same age.

The more I see and hear about the machine and software line-up, the less patient I get. And I was doing so well, too, up until that video on PSM2.

Like the Queen song says, "I want it all, and I want it NOW!"
Tue 03/10/00 at 14:37
Babylonian,

I am actually 24. I married when I was 19 (and no it was not because she was up the duff as we do not have any children yet).

Age does not seem to have mellowed me however as I am as desperate to get my PS2 as I was to get my SNES after seeing how great Streetfighter 2 looked on it (way back when). Lets not even start to go as far back as the NES and the Master System.

I am wishing the days away until the PS2 release and I must say that I wont be happy if I have to wait until just before Christmas to get my hands on it. Anywhere from the 24th to the 5th of December I will accept any later than that and I am going on the rampage (metaphorically speaking of course).

I am so sick of my PC and I do not own any consoles at the moment. I need a gaming fix and I am counting on the PS2 to provide it.
Tue 03/10/00 at 14:43
MarkH,

Was that to the minute comment sarcasm or were you serious (this is when you realise how important tone of voice is). There is of course nothing on the forms that say what time you ordered it (I dont think so anyway but as my form is at home I could be wrong) so therefore it wont go on that. I think that would have been a good idea though (although I would say that wouldnt I as I also pre-ordered very early on the 7th of Sept).

Anyway, I can sympathise with your predicament as this whole PS2 launch is turning us all into hyperactive fools.
Tue 03/10/00 at 14:56
Babylonian,

Sadly, serious! I haven't had a close look at the blue form, and haven't got it to hand, so I wasn't sure if time was a factor. If, as it seems, actual time ordered isn't a factor, how will they differentiate the order of orders?( That's terrible English, forgive me) We have all been informed by Sony, that a first-come, first-served system is in place. That's fine if less people pre-ordered on the 7th, than there are units on release day. Therefore everyone who ordered on the 7th Sept would get a machine on 24th Nov. Fine and dandy, BUT how likely an occurence is this? Not very I'm afraid. So how do they determine 'first-come, first-served'?

Blowed if I know........
Tue 03/10/00 at 15:23
There is indeed no time recorded on the form. I reckon it's safe to assume that it's based on date, rather than hours and minutes.

Some shops opened at midnight, others (like my local Game) not until 7:00am, and others not until their standard opening times. (My local Game is opposite Dixons, and although they were advertising the PS2, there was no sign of life at Dixons... not unlike when they're open, really! ;-)

Not only would a time-based order be unfair for that reason, it would also give Sony a nightmare trying to sort 200,000 forms into the correct order!

Most likely is that each individual batch of forms they receive are sorted by the pre-order number on them, for - logically - that will be the order in which the orders were placed.

So, for example: forms from one store numbered 0121501 to 0121600, received by Sony at 9:00am on 8th September, will be processed (in form order) before forms 0113001 to 0113100 received at 10:30am on the same day, from another store.

Err... hope that makes sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.