GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Tue 03/10/00 at 15:32
Babylonian,

I've just read your posting on the other thread, that says that the 200,000, were gone within 48 hours. This bodes well for us early risers (or sad obsessives, take your pick! :o) ), surely?

Oh, no, I think I'm starting to get my hopes up......
Tue 03/10/00 at 15:49
I keep getting my hopes up only to have them dashed every night when I return home and my confirmation letter is not waiting for me.

It appears that we are all destined to ride this emotional rollercoaster while this pre-order process rolls on. When do you think they will contact you again with a date to pick up the machine??

By the way Babylonian, I used to live in Northampton and I am wondering why you did not pre-order your PS2 with the EB in the Grosvenor Centre (I always prefered it to the GAME store). I had to use GAME here in Victoria as there is no EB close to where I work but if I had the choice I would have used EB (I know it does not make much difference as EB owns both chains now but still I always prefered EB).
Tue 03/10/00 at 15:55
I see where you are coming from Babylonian. Lets just hope that the spread of systems is fair. I have heard horrible rumours that Blockbusters (that renowned gaming mecca!!!) have done a deal with Sony to guarantee them a large slice of the PS2 release quota. I seriously hope that I am mistaken.

Rumours Rumours Rumours & Speculation thats all I seem to be hearing at the moment. Why cant Sony release an official line on all this (eg you will receive your confirmation then 3 weeks before release you will receive a collection date).

OOh, someone put me out of my misery please.
Tue 03/10/00 at 17:01
> I have heard horrible rumours that
> Blockbusters (that renowned gaming mecca!!!) have done a deal with
> Sony to guarantee them a large slice of the PS2 release quota. I
> seriously hope that I am mistaken.

Yeah, I read that too. Sony should know better than that. With such a shortage, they should not be giving them to large companies in large quantities, simply for those companies to use as promotional gimmicks. The thought of some "lucky customer" receiving one that they probably don't want, when there are fans crying out for machines, is pretty sick.

I say "probably don't want" on the assumption that those who really wants a machine will no doubt be pre-ordering.

Such large promotions could possibly also result in people getting hold of TWO machines, and as the pre-order is a strict limit of one per household, that is abolutely wrong.

> Rumours Rumours Rumours & Speculation thats all I seem to be
> hearing at the moment. Why cant Sony release an official line on
> all this (eg you will receive your confirmation then 3 weeks
> before release you will receive a collection date).

That would be far too easy, wouldn't it?! :-)
Tue 03/10/00 at 17:11
I can't believe that Blockbuster story is true, do Sony really need the extra promotion. Even if they did, would Blockbuster video be the first choice. I know for a fact that due to Sky Box Office etc, that I haven't been near one for several years. You're right Babylonian, it would be a bit of kick in the teeth to those that have pre-ordered elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm off home now, ( part-timer!), fully ready to NOT find the confirmation letter on the mat!!!!
Tue 03/10/00 at 17:33
MarkH,

I dont know about you being a part timer. Its a bit strange that we all find the time to keep posting during the working day isnt it??? I am going through a slack period at the moment, but what is your excuse guys??

I will be out of the office for the next couple of days so there will be no messages from me. That is unless by some miracle my confirmation from Sony comes through, then I will log on at home just to share the great news with you guys!!!
Tue 03/10/00 at 17:36
I agree with you both (Babylonian and MarkH) if Blockbuster do get some PS2's for promotional use then Sony must be off their trolley. Lets hope that all pre-orders are fulfilled first.

Anyone have any idea when the ads for the PS2 are going to hit the UK? I know they dont need to advertise but apparently the ads will start two weeks before launch date in the US.
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:21
Well, the ads have already started in the mags - well, the last two issues of the Official UK PlayStation mag, anyway.

By the way - the confirmation letter provides the following link for those wanting more info:

http://www.playstation.co.uk/ps2/preorder/

But don't hold your breath - it doesn't contain much new info. Might be worth keeping an eye on, though.

As for being a part-timer... well, I have things to do, but... well, you know how it gets. It's all a matter of priorities! ;-p
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:09
B****R!!!!

I am home and my confirmation letter / email is still not here.

Pants,Pants,Pants!!!
Tue 03/10/00 at 23:01
I didn't pre-order until the 12th, and my confirmation e-mail arrived this afternoon. Not much said in it, but they confirmed that i was one of the first 200,000, and would receive my console before christmas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.