GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Wed 04/10/00 at 09:18
I'm the same as Matt, mine still hasn't arrived yet, and I'm beginning to get a bit of a persecution complex.

1. Maybe the staff at Electronics Boutique, didn't send my form off.
2. Maybe my postman hasn't forgiven me for not tipping him this Christmas, and not delivered it.
3. Maybe it has arrived and my girlfriend, in a last ditch effort to stop me playing games instead of washing up, dusting etc, has destroyed it.
4. Maybe I imagined getting up early on the 7th September, and going to Electronics Boutique, perhaps I didn't order it, and my blue pre-order form is simply some crepe paper with 'You HAVE ordered a PS2, honest' written on in crayon.
5. Oh god, someone help me, please! This can't be healthy, surely?

:0)
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:35
Sony have informed me that there has been a problem with the confirmation process at the company which is handling them. Some people have had to wait for 4 weeks+ !!!

They assure me it is now sorting itself out.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:37
sorry i meant WILL have to wait 4 weeks+
Wed 04/10/00 at 17:53
This pre-order system is a farce.

I am home and again there is no confirmation letter / email waiting for me.

How can people who ordered later than me have there confirmation already??

I am getting a real persecution complex as well and also I am developing a stomach ulcer worrying that they have lost my form. Oh please, anything but that.
Wed 04/10/00 at 18:49
matt

Phone this number : 0990 998877 and ask them to check wether you are on their system yet. Have your pre-order number ready. If you are not on their system, act really upset, then ask them to take your details. They should be able to do that. (fingers crossed for you mate)
Wed 04/10/00 at 20:27
Thanks Kieron,

I wont have a chance to phone them until Friday so they have until then to confirm my order. I have emailed them and hopefully they will check for my details from the info I gave them.

If I do have to phone them dont worry I wont have to act upset because I will be fuming if my details are not on there.

Oh why me!!!

Anyway, you lucky buggers I hope that you are taunting all your mates and wearing broad smiles as you know your PS2 is secure.
Wed 04/10/00 at 23:18
Thu 05/10/00 at 09:41
Now 4 weeks, since I queued to pre-order, and still an empty mat. Actually, not empty, but cruelly piled high with bills and junk mail and insurance quotes, to make me think that somewhere under that lot is a envelope from Sony. Whoever posted the number (Kieran, I think), thanks, I'll ring that tonight, although it may be difficult to dial, with my whole body crossed!

Matt, what do you think we did wrong? We seem to be the only ones left now.

And as for you Babylonian, too cruel, mate, too cruel......
Thu 05/10/00 at 13:40
>Now 4 weeks, since I queued to pre-order, and still an empty mat.
>Actually, not empty, but cruelly piled high with bills and junk
>mail and insurance quotes, to make me think that somewhere
>under that lot is a envelope from Sony.

Assuming that the past months have honed your PS2-spotting skills as much as they have mine, you'll be able to spot the confirmation letter from a mile away, with several brick walls in between. It has the the PS2 logo emblazoned across the top left corner. So don't look for "SONY" !!!
Thu 05/10/00 at 17:01
Cheers Babylonian.

Worryingly, I've spoken today to the staff at EB, where I ordered my PS2. The staff there who ordered have already received their confirmation letters(last Saturday). I'm gonna give that number that Kieron posted a ring and do some shouting, in the politest sense, obviously.

I'm also annoyed that my postman seems to been having a lie in this week, as he doesn't deliver before I leave for work, like he used to, so I'm left at work, wondering whether that envelope will be waiting for me when I get in. And it never is.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.