GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Sat 21/10/00 at 10:28
By the way Kieran, there is no need for spite nor sarcasm to get your point across. At least I can say that I have played the PS2 earlier than ANYONE in this country(the general public)- I got to play a pre-release Japanese PS2 with dev versions of Ridge Racer V, TTT, Fantavision and Dead or Alive 2 in early February this year!
Sat 21/10/00 at 13:57
Damo wrote:
> By the way Kieran, there is no need for spite nor sarcasm to get
> your point across. At least I can say that I have played the PS2
> earlier than ANYONE in this country(the general public)- I got to
> play a pre-release Japanese PS2 with dev versions of Ridge Racer
> V, TTT, Fantavision and Dead or Alive 2 in early February this year!

Sorry about the sarcasm, but you must admit that you were giving me a bit of attitude. You do come accross as being a bit arrogant with your answers, as the above post suggests.

All this aside, i think that you are right about the helpline clamming up. They are no longer willing to discuss much about the PS2 launch. I phoned up last night on behalf of a friend and i think i got the same spotty twit that Babylonian got. Some of the guys on the hotline are right jerks, and i am sure that they enjoy every minute of this pre-order c**p.

I am starting to change my mind about Sony and the PS2, and am considering my position with regards to the console. They (Sony) don't seem to know exactly what is going on themselves, and there is rumours that there will be another delay to the launch. This is only a rumour, but i feel that it cannot be dismissed judging by Sony's record so far with the British launch.

I think that the reason they are keeping the number of European PS2's a secret is so that if they come up short in America, they can re-direct some of the European shipment to the U.S.A.

It wouldn't take much of a conversion job, would it.

Then it would be easy to delay the European launch for another 2 weeks. This of course would bring it closer to christmas, and make the machines even hotter property to own.

These are just "worst-case" ideas, and are not intended to be thought of as truth. Pessimistic or what eh ?
Sun 22/10/00 at 11:51
I have to admit sometimes I do across that way. Sorry. But it is quite annoying to find that someone who pre-ordered days after you did knows hes going to get a release day PS2, whereas you dont know at all! Thats quite frustrating, and I guess Ill have to find out through my mate in the Wollies store to find out the exact date when Ill be getting mine- Ill assume theyll have the list for those whos going to get theirs on release day. As mine is one of the top 200 stores in the country(thats why they had a great number of pre-orders than most), and I was first to book, I assumed that by going in early I would be getting a release PS2. Lets hope that rumour about the release date isnt true, if it is, then it will annoy a lot of electrical and games retailers because of the ads theyve been putting out lately about "Pre order yours before so-and-so date to get a PS2 for Christmas"- I just hope the European market is not short changed by the big players yet again. By the way, I can get the rumour confirmed cause I know Paul Davies, whos the editor of CVG magazine. Lastly, has anyone else had any problems with Sony or has been reluctant to give you any info, or has been told thay they wont get a PS2 on release day, but another day afterwards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.