GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSATION 2 PRE-ORDER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 10:27
Regular
Has anyone else still not recieved a confirmation from Sony yet? I queued up at 7:00am at Electronics Botique in Kingston on the 7th September. However I am still yet to hear from Sony Does anyone know of any email address or phone number to contact Sony?
Sat 07/10/00 at 09:54
ive been reading all of your posts for the past 5+ weeks and it seems all is coming together as most of us have recieved our confirmation letters(including me)
seeing as we have almost guaranteed the playstation 2.
we have the burning issues of games to talk about ,
me personally i have opted for Tekken tag tournament and timesplitters, what do you guys think?

by the way i am not married and have no kids as i am 14,and live in birmingham.(respectfully)

just wating for the delivery date....
Sat 07/10/00 at 10:34
I have just had two interesting phone calls with sony and Woolworths. An insider at Woolworths has informed me that every Woolworths store will receive an allocation of 15 PS2's on launch day. The first 15 to have ordered from each store will receive a PS2 on launch day.

An insider at Sony then confirmed that the above was true. This, of course, is completely un-official, and i will NOT be held responsible for any riots that this information causes.

I am quite happy with this situation though, i am one of the first fifteen at my local store.
Sat 07/10/00 at 11:59
If youre correct, I was the first to pre-order out of my Woolworths store on the 7th, got my confirmation letter on the 25th September... Does that mean that I will get a PS2 before the lot of you!!! :o) There were only 200 Woolworths stores that recieved an allocation of more than 5 PS2's, so I would assume that if your Wooloworths store had more than 5 forms(the max was 20) and ordered early, youll get one on the 24th. By the way, the 200,000 allocation was reached by the Saturday 9th September, so if you didnt order by then, hahahahahaha!
Sat 07/10/00 at 14:44
I am glad that you think i am right. But there is no need for play ground humour at the end. And for your information, there is no way that anyone could know that the entire allocation had gone by the saturday as there are still forms from the first batch outstanding due to delays. You shouldn't listen to speculation !!

Good luck on the 24th. :-)
Thu 12/10/00 at 14:55
I telephoned playstation helpline to enquire about when the confirmation of delivery E-MAILS/Letters would be going out, and got talking to the guy on the other end of the line. He told me that there was a note on my pre-order saying: "To collect from retailer at launch". He told me this information was not supposed to be released yet, and to keep it quiet. But i couldn't do that to you guys as you have been good support to me over the past month.

Good luck.
Thu 12/10/00 at 15:00
Lovely jubbly! Hopefully bodes well for the rest of us who ordered on 7th September.

Can I be a pain, though, and ask: did they actually answer your question about when the delivery/collection confirmations would be sent?
Thu 12/10/00 at 15:09
The guy on the phone said that the notices will go out about 2 weeks before launch day.
Thu 12/10/00 at 15:40
So we should expect our confirmations on or around the 10th November then.

I hope that we dont have a repeat of the wait we had before. I dont think I could bear it if there was 5 days to go until release and I still had not heard.

Anyone know if there store is planning a midnight opening. My store is in Victoria street, so I dont fancy going there at night even if they do open at midnight. I would have to travel right across London with my lovely new PS2 (mugging material or what!!!).

I wont be picking it up until 9am on the 24th at the earliest. They have to keep it for me now I have my confirmation from Sony right!!!!
Thu 12/10/00 at 15:48
I don't know what time my local Game are opening on launch day, but they did tell me that once I'd pre-ordered, the machine was mine.

In their words:

"Once you've ordered, you have your machine. Whether you pick it up on launch day, or wait 3 months, it'll be kept for you."

Yeah, right - like I'm going to wait another 3 months once they tell me they've got it in! Ooh, my aching sides!
Thu 12/10/00 at 16:35
Babylonian, that is what I thought they told me when I asked in the store but when I sent an email to GAME customer services I received this rather cryptic reply (the names have been changed to protect the innocent).

Of course I like you will be there as early as possible (in daylight hours) but I have not yet decided whether to book the day off. I probably will. I will of course be going and discussing this issue with the GAME manager closer to the time as I suffer from a need to be guaranteed on these things.

What is your opinion on the games situation?? Do you subscribe to the view that due to the lack of systems there will be loads of games?? OR that games need to be pre-ordered as well??

****** Cryptic message follows ********
Dear Matt,

This is not strictly true although it would be a very good idea to speak to the store manager about it,if you tell me where the store is I will tell you the number.

Nat Jones, Customer Services assistant, GAME

-----Original Message-----

I have pre-ordered my PS2 from Game. I have the offical Sony form and I even have my confirmation letter,
so I am a happy man. I have heard rumours, however, that if I dont turn up early on release day I could still lose my system. As I have a deposit down I thought that GAME have to hold it for me.
Please tell me what the situation is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.