GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rogue Leader is quality while it lasts.

But then it gets a little dull.

LM is good, but has the same problem.

ED, Mario, Resi etc, and Zelda/Metroid will/are a better bet.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:28
Regular
Not worth getting on single player then? How about Rogue Leader as this one I am hoping to pick up not too long after getting my Cube? I am going to get Luigi's Mansion as well even though it is very short.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Single is lame.

Very poor.

Multi is cool.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:04
Regular
And... The way you said it made it sound as though 6.1 was better than 5.1 and that I don't have it. Different mixes have different positives and negatives, one isn't better than the other.

Anyway that aside, I have mailed Cube-Europe and they should reply to me tomorrow (hopefully) so my sounds problem should be sorted :)

Whats the single player like on Super Smash Brothers? Does it last long on single player or is it mainly a multi-player game? Thanks :)
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:28
Regular
I know what it is thanks
Thu 02/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
Mine supports 6.1 as well all that means is that the central speaker acts as two seperate audios channels. You still only have 5 speakers and a sub but some systems support it and mines one of them. Its sometimes reffered to as 5.1 DTS EX.
Thu 02/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I find headphones adequate for PC gaming, and my TV is fine for my consoles. I don't really want to spend money on sound systems I wouldn't appreciate.
Thu 02/01/03 at 16:18
Regular
uhh..I have a 6.1 Dolby Digital system and it IS over rated.

Even with DVDs I don't bother, I just leave all the speakers at the front.
Thu 02/01/03 at 15:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And they gave Nightfire 8.3 or something equally ridiculous.
They are fools. Fools of the highest order.
Thu 02/01/03 at 14:55
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am off to read some
> reviews from Cube-Europe even if they are slightly biased ;)
>
> They're very biased, they have the strange idea that Starfox
> Adventures is good.
>
> Stupid people.
>
> Probably best off checking out IGN, they seem to know what they're on
> about.

IGN gave Starfox 9.0

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.