GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:23
Regular
Cheers Cyclone I had forgotten all about Skies of Arcadia and I LOVE that game! I still haven't managed to find myself a copy of the Dreamcast version. I will stick to getting Multi-Format games for my Xbox as with Customisable Soundtracks and 5.1 etc the Xbox does have the better versions. I am getting a GameCube for its exclusives as there are some interesting ones that I would like. I have looked around and I have made this list of games that I will get pver the course of the year:

Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Legend of Zelda: Wind Walker
Skies of Arcadia
Star Wars: Rouge Leader
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunsine (possibly)
Super Smash Brothers (possibly)
Die Hard Vendetta (possily)

I am just going to get Resident Evil with the GameCube and then save up for games from then on-wards. It looks like I am going to advertise my Dreamcast with the two Shenmue games (very disappoinitng to sell them but I am getting 2X for my Xbox), Virtua Tennis, Ultimate Fighting Championship and Crazy Taxi. Along with that I am trading in Silent Hill 2 and RalliSport Challenge for the Xbox. If anyone could help with the sound issues I would appreciate it, thanks :)

Laugh at my old Garbe123 and my comments but don't get cheeky with the new name or else... ;)
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>
> 1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is
> home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound
> qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware
> that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone
> know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I
> just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need
> something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO
> LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

No blinkin' idea.
>
> 2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is
> all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue
> Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing
> needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game
> listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

Die Hard, Mario Sunshine, Starfox (rent it first), Eternal Darkenss and say......SSX Tricky should be enough. Die Hard/ED/Starfox would cater for your needs, as well as Resi. The others are just plain cool.
>
> 3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides
> Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

Resi 0, Skies Of Arcadia, Splinter Cell (if you haven't got it), Harvest Moon (Sometime...) and about a thousand others. A quick trawl of Nintendo sites will bring you up to date. (www.cube-europe.com etc)

>
> 4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any
> 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

Stick with the official! Anyhoo, I don't think any 3rd party makes a controller similar.

>
> 5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the
> review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?
>

Its cool. A bit flawed, but bloomin' fun in places and despite some crapbits, there are lots of good bits. So. A rental might be good at first too.

> Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am
> unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!
>

Net etc on the way....
> Thanks

Garbe123?

*laughs at the memories*

:D
Wed 01/01/03 at 14:54
Regular
I would like to add for Strafex's (amongst others) benfit that I used to be Garbe123 and very anti-Nintendo but things do change ;)
Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.