GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Thu 02/01/03 at 14:33
Regular
I have read the Resident Evil review twice off IGN so I am looking for different reviews of that at the moment. Great news though someone has bought my Electronic Keyboard that I have auctioned so I will have my GameCube sooner than I thought I would, possibly even saturday or tomorrow :D I have just got to get Resident Evil now and the SR price is great so I just need the cash there and I can buy it!
Thu 02/01/03 at 13:39
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
I am off to read some
> reviews from Cube-Europe even if they are slightly biased ;)

They're very biased, they have the strange idea that Starfox Adventures is good.

Stupid people.

Probably best off checking out IGN, they seem to know what they're on about.
Thu 02/01/03 at 12:48
Regular
Surround sound is over rated but Dolby Digitial isn't! In surround sound objects don't travel through speakers and it was Dolby's first attempt at enhancing the sound department but when you hear Dolby Digital you won't turn back! I am going to email Cube-Europe and see what they say I will need but in the mean time I am off to read some reviews from Cube-Europe even if they are slightly biased ;)
Thu 02/01/03 at 11:20
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Surround sound is over rated.

Trust me, Grab yourself an Xbox, put Halo in and connect it up to Dolby Digital 5.1

You'll never turn back again, ever.

In the meantime, I aleady have 1 Gamecube game which is Resident Evil, I just have'nt got a Gamecube to play it on. I like how small the discs/console are, it does'nt consume loads of space at all.

Anyone want a PS1/PS2 steering wheel with pedals, sponsored by Ferrari?
Thu 02/01/03 at 03:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am King.

I was the first Hybrid.
Thu 02/01/03 at 02:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Surround sound is over rated.

*these words appear to come from all direction*
Thu 02/01/03 at 02:22
Regular
I imagine it connects in the same way it connects to the XBox.

I could check but too be honest I can't be bothered, surround sound lost it's appeal after about 3 days and I don't bother turning it on now.
Thu 02/01/03 at 01:50
Regular
Thanks for recommending but I am not into Multi-Player games. I am just interested in the Nintendo Exclusives or in Multi-Format games that aren't appearing on the Xbox (like Star Wars Bounty Hunter). Other Multi-Format games I am getting for my Xbox and I am also interested in a hoast of Xbox exclusives due out in March and running through to December so I have to juggle between good games and great games! Thats the difference Between Resident Evil and Mario Party 4, to me Resident Evil is a great game but Mario Party 4 is only good. It sounds stupid but I have to make way for the top end games and draw a fine line between good and great if I want to get all the games that I want for my GameCube and Xbox this year, thats not mentioning the DVD's I buy in-between!
Thu 02/01/03 at 01:01
Regular
"Touched!"
Get mario party 4, great party game with 3 mates!
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:07
Regular
no it has 5 speakers. 2 Front, 2 back and 1 central speaker along with my Sub. It supports Dolby Surround, Pro Logic, Pro Logic 2, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS but I was wondering how to connect the GameCube to it. Does it connect via an optical input cable and an advanced RGB scart or does it go in a different was with Coaxial?

I am going to rent Die Hard the same day that I get it so I will see then. As for TS2 it doesn't compare to other FPS shooter games when it comes to the single player and Multi-Players aren't my idea of a good game, I have plenty of games that my mates can play when they come round, I want a GameCube for their single player exclusives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.