GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:33
Regular
If your suround system comprises of just 4 speakers and a sub woofer than it won't mean anything.

If it has a decoder then set it to Pro Logic II and it will decode the signals into full surround sound.
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Festivus!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> This maybe not my post for asking questions, But, Tiltawhirl you state
> Doshin the Giant - Is this game good? Have you got it/Played it?

I got it yesterday for £25, along with Eternal Darkness. I love it and am addicted, although the people can get pretty annoying

'Make this land higher'
'Now make it lower'
'Higher'
'Lower'
'Higher'
'Lower'
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:21
Regular
MY friends got it and I prefer to play Mad Dash racing when at his house. I haven't been since he got Splinter Cell mind you...
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:16
Halo has the best story in a FPS, it is also great Single Player. Get an Xbox just for this, honestly - you will not regret it

Sam41
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:11
Regular
Oh, and get Rogue Leader. It's difficult but one of the few games nowaday's which require skill.
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
I have never actually played an FPS with a good single player mode. I never liked Halflife or Quake, but I think the multiplayer in TS2 is one of the best ever. I didn't think that GOldeneye was that brilliant andthe Counter-Op on Perfect dark was about the only good single playerish mode around.
I've also played it on the X-Box and it is quite good but I find the controls unresponsive.
I've actually had it taken off of me because I play it so much in fact.
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:07
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> I am going to rent Die Hard at the same time as I buy my GameCube and
> see what it is like, but as you say it is like the films I am sure
> that I will love it. Is it just the Nakatomi Plaza? Or is there other
> areas as well?

I have this game, but have only played it once. But i assume you are thinking about Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza when you ask this question. This is a PC game and is totally different to Vendetta on the Gamecube, so yes their are other areas, and no Nakatomi Plaza may not be one
hope that helps, and change your tagline

Sam41
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:57
Regular
Thanks for the list Tiltawhirl I am just going to research some of them on IGN! Maddmun by TS2 I am guessing you mean TimeSplitters 2? If so then I would have to say it is one of the worst FPS I have ever played (not in multi-player but singole player). I rented it for the Xbox and I really didn't like the game, Multi-format games will be purchased for my Xbox, besides I own Halo on the Xbox, Deus EX and Half Life for PC so once you have played them games like TS2 seem so insignificant (unless for the multi-player which is good). The main reason I am getting one is to get all the Resident Evil's and the excellent exclusives.

Cash shortage is my main problem as well Gamezfreak but I am advertising some Xbox games on EBAY and with it being my Mock examinations as soon as I go back my mom and dad said they will put the rest to after they have finished so 2 weeks on Friday I will have a GameCube and Resident Evil :)

I am going to rent Die Hard at the same time as I buy my GameCube and see what it is like, but as you say it is like the films I am sure that I will love it. Is it just the Nakatomi Plaza? Or is there other areas as well? Cheers!

Anyone know about the sound issues from my original post?
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:38
hey gamezfreak Im going to change my tagline to XB-Nintyfied too.
You do it too Alistair, you know it makes sense :-)

Sam41
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:29
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> This maybe not my post for asking questions, But, Tiltawhirl you state
> Doshin the Giant - Is this game good? Have you got it/Played it?

I really enjoyed it, though it does lack long term appeal and is rather simple.

Certainly not a must buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.