GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Random Facts About Me Game "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler
Wed 22/02/12 at 14:50
Regular
Here you go Chris.

Show Spoiler

@GP, then I wasn't the only one. :) In Japan we have huge second hand book stores (very popular) where you can pick up old games for 80p. I really want to start collecting some old consoles and games.

@Nin, great looking forward to it. :)
Wed 22/02/12 at 11:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
dean5 also has a list done, which could go up at some point.

Show Spoiler
Wed 22/02/12 at 10:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Show Spoiler

I too have a list in mind...
Wed 22/02/12 at 09:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A feasible list SC,

Show Spoiler
Wed 22/02/12 at 07:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Brilliant stuff Chris, cheers for doing that.

Nin, if you could possibly put your list up tomorrow that would be great, thanks very much for that.

Right, seriously need to get climbing that leaderboard:

Show Spoiler
Wed 22/02/12 at 05:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'll put some up if you want :-)

1.I've spoken to the Queen
2.Despite being a big fan, I've never been to an ice hockey game
3.When I was 7, I chipped my tooth and haven't had it repaired since
4.I've achieved grade 8 on the piano
5.A few months before he passed away, I managed to meet Richard Whiteley from Countdown.
6.I've dived into the River Mersey on more than one occassion.
7.I learnt to drive before learning to ride a bike.
8.I wore Crocs (plastic sandles) in a volcano.
9.I was scared of dogs when our family got our dog.
10.I've never been inside Anfield.

Hope they're ok.
Tue 21/02/12 at 23:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Machie wrote:
Anyone else want to give us some facts to guess? Where's Chris? Or Honey Monster?

I've got some written down at home, just need to make up a few more lies. Tomorrow
Tue 21/02/12 at 23:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When the Megadrive came out, I was only 10 years old. It was a Megadrive or a SNES and I went with the Megadrive and Sonic. I felt like I was out of the loop in those years as I went from a Spectrum to a Megadrive. Missed everything out inbetween.
Tue 21/02/12 at 22:30
Regular
Well done GP. I feel like I'm cheating because I've known some of you for almost 12 years so I can guess a little better. :) You'll have to invite me round and we can play some of those old games. Do you have any S/NES games? I always wanted to have one but we had a Megadrive. So I was one of those people who grew up thinking Zelda was the guy.

Anyone else want to give us some facts to guess? Where's Chris? Or Honey Monster?
Tue 21/02/12 at 21:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
pete_21 wrote:
Serious fun though, especially in a car that's not yours! (wouldn't tell them about driving lesson thing!). Seriously though, think they do passenger rides round there which are also really good fun.

Yeah, I can't say I've looked into it but it something I'd like to do even if it was just in the passenger seat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.