GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Random Facts About Me Game "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler
Tue 21/02/12 at 06:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
Butch wrote:
Need a win here, my lead at the top has been significantly reduced. Might have to convince WH to knock one up to give me an edge...

A list submitted by WH would be great, although I'm afraid any 'I am currently wearing....' facts will be automatically disqualified! :)
Tue 21/02/12 at 06:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:
And, by the way, where is SC in this frantic run-in? :¬D

There's still time for Chris to join in if he wishes, Butch's leaderboard topping score of 3 could well be beaten by Thursday if enough lists are put up.
Tue 21/02/12 at 06:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks for that Machie, will update the leaderboard now.

Good list there GP, cheers for putting that up.

Here goes:

Show Spoiler
Mon 20/02/12 at 21:06
"possibly impossible"
I reckon..

Show Spoiler
Mon 20/02/12 at 20:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Those are a difficult set GP ... gets 'one' pondering! No wonder Machie brought you in :¬)

Show Spoiler
Mon 20/02/12 at 20:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Ooh, I'm tying with DL.

That was close though pb :¬)

And, by the way, where is SC in this frantic run-in? :¬D
Mon 20/02/12 at 19:52
"possibly impossible"
Ooh, I'm tying with DL.

Must try and answer GPs.
Mon 20/02/12 at 19:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Machie wrote:
True - All of you got this right. Maybe I wasn't the only one to have huge phone bills during the early days of the internet?

No you were not!

Need a win here, my lead at the top has been significantly reduced. Might have to convince WH to knock one up to give me an edge...

Show Spoiler
Mon 20/02/12 at 18:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Here are some facts. Not particularly interesting but then I'm not particularly interesting. :D

1) I bought a PS2 from poker winnings.

2) I've been on a tour of the McLaren factory and was in a Q&A session with Lewis Hamilton

3) I suffered a concussion when a cyclist knocked me down

4) My brother and I created a cycle racing series which my friends and I participated in. I won it several times.

5) I've been an audience member on an episode of QI

6) I've driven around the Silverstone circuit (in an actual car)

7) I have, when sitting in my chair, over 200 games on 10 different consoles on shelves in front of me.

8) I've been to several quiz nights and never finished outside the top 3

9) I've had several 180s and a 170 finish in darts and a hole in one at golf

10) At half time between a semi pro team and a local company football match with the local company down 2-0, I came on for the 2nd half as a ringer for the local company, scored the only goal for the team in a 2-1 loss and the striker had a go at me for trying to replace him as striker after the goal. I had to play right wing for the rest of the game.
Mon 20/02/12 at 18:35
Regular
Here are the answers, sorry if it wasn't very interesting. I was good at rugby in school, but never played for anyone.

1. During the great flood of 2007 I spent 5 hours digging holes and building sand walls to protect our house from the water.

False - half the houses in our road got flooded. Luckily it missed us by a few metres. I spent most of the next day reading the final Harry Potter book that I couldnt get on launch day because Morrisons was flooded and full of stranded travellers.

2. At home in England we have some Egyptian artifacts that my step-gran's father collected during the first World War. I emailed some photos to the British Museum and they were keen to see them.

True - I'll get round to visiting them sometime when I get back to blighty.

3. I was born with different coloured eyes.

True

4. I have travelled a lot in my life and have so far visited 17 different countries.

False - Just America (Florida), Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan. I don't think I've ever been to Wales despite being only an hour away.

5. During one long-haul flight alone I got very close with a young woman who sat next to me. ;)

True - why is that so hard for you guys to believe? :P Unfortunately I lost her email so I couldn't keep in touch.

6. My cousin (a fitness instructor) applied to be on Total Wipeout, but didn't get through because she wasn't weird enough.

True - I guess they feel it wouldn't be funny if they did really well.

7. The brother of my wife's best friend works for Akira Toriyama (creator of Dragonball and artist for Dragon Quest)

True

8. My cousin in New Zealand was an extra in the last 2 Lord of the Rings movies.

False - unfortunately no cousins in NZ, but would love to visit sometime.

9. During the early days of the internet (I mean when it became popular) and you had to pay by the second. I once ran up a phone bill (for one month) of £800 using the internet and making international phone calls.

True - All of you got this right. Maybe I wasn't the only one to have huge phone bills during the early days of the internet?

10. When the earthquake hit Japan on March 11th last year, I was in the middle of having a shower and had to escape my apartment in just a towel.

False - would have been funny though. I was actually looking on the internet for a new DSLR when it happened. I'll post the video I made one day.

Here are the results;

pb - 8/10
dragonlance - 7/10
pete - 5/10
butch - 5/10

Well done guys. Not sure who goes next as they've all played. GP if you're around, why not post 10 facts about you and we'll try and guess which is true or not. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.