GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Random Facts About Me Game "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler
Fri 24/02/12 at 10:06
"possibly impossible"
Good work Chas. Difficult to work those out.

Show Spoiler
Fri 24/02/12 at 07:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Excellent list Chas, thanks very much for putting that up. Extremely difficult to guess but I'll give it a go.

Show Spoiler
Fri 24/02/12 at 07:33
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I'll put this up seeing as there hasn't been a list for a while...

1 One of my cats is named after a mouse from a Stephen King novel.

2 I saw Queen play live twice.

3 I once asked Steve Davis, world famous snooker player, if he liked strategy games.

4 I had to build a wall unit in my house to keep over 300 DVD's and films in.

5 I once owned a pet tarantula named Iggy.

6 I once bought a car from a scrapyard for £100 and then found out it was worth nearly £3000.

7 I have six computers in my house.

8 My latest novel is an H.P. Lovecraft style 1930's thriller.

9 I once played 24 hours straight on an NES game.

10 I have never been abroad.
Thu 23/02/12 at 22:08
"possibly impossible"
Yikes! Butch is doing well. I'd be happy if he won considering he does so much for us on the forum anyway, mind you.
Thu 23/02/12 at 20:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers for that Chris, will update the leaderboard now.

Hmmmm...... looks a bit like Butch is going to take some stopping now. It's not over yet though as long as there's a few lists put up over the next 6 days.
Thu 23/02/12 at 18:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
1.I've spoken to the Queen
True - Spoke to her after a service at the Liverpool Cathedral when singing in the choir when I was younger.

2.Despite being a big fan, I've never been to an ice hockey game
False - I have been to two ice hockey games, my first was at the Romford Raiders, and my second recent trip was at Manchester Phoenix. I plan to go to more in the future.

3.When I was 7, I chipped my tooth and haven't had it repaired since
True - I fell over in the playground in school and chipped my front tooth. It cut at an awkward angle, and I was told it would be very difficult to repair. I had a choice between getting grooves cut into the tooth and trying to attach a piece to that, with a chance of it falling off eventually, or just to leave it.

4.I've achieved grade 8 on the piano
False - I've achieved grade 6 in Piano and no further.

5.A few months before he passed away, I managed to meet Richard Whiteley from Countdown.
True - This was also whilst I was a choir member of Liverpool Cathedral. After a Songs of Praise broadcast, I approached him for his autograph and we had a 10 minute discussion about Russell Watson.

6.I've dived into the River Mersey on more than one occassion.
False - I can't even swim, so this would be foolish.

7.I learnt to drive before learning to ride a bike.
False - I haven't learnt to drive, but I can ride a bike.

8.I wore Crocs (plastic sandles) in a volcano.
True - This was on the volcanic island of Nysiros. My Crocs were never the same again.

9.I was scared of dogs when our family got our dog.
True - For the first few months I wouldn't even hold the dog. Now he's too big to hold! Still it helped me conquer my fear, I had no choice.

10.I've never been inside Anfield.
False - I have been to various premier league and european games within Anfield, my first being a 2-1 victory over Charlton, and my most memorable being the 8-0 slaughter of Besiktas.

I don't know how he managed it, but Butch managed to get all of them correct. He's pulling away! :-P
Thu 23/02/12 at 16:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've been pretty busy but I'll try and find the time later
Thu 23/02/12 at 15:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
While we are waiting for Chris to mark our answers we could do with another list, if Nin's around perhaps he could go next?

Only 7 days to go guys, the competition is still wide open.
Wed 22/02/12 at 19:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Machie wrote:

@GP, then I wasn't the only one. :) In Japan we have huge second hand book stores (very popular) where you can pick up old games for 80p. I really want to start collecting some old consoles and games.

Back then, games for the SNES were retailing at £70. Megadrive games were about £40 and we had a good rental place near me. I actually rented a SNES for a few days. Completed Super Mario World and really enjoyed F-Zero. Sonic still holds a special place to me though.
Wed 22/02/12 at 17:33
"possibly impossible"
Good questions Chris. I'll probably get this all wrong, but here goes;

Show Spoiler

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.