GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Random Facts About Me Game "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler
Fri 10/02/12 at 16:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
For what it's worth ... and I know that you are an admirable 'chap' pete :¬)

Show Spoiler
Fri 10/02/12 at 15:29
Regular
Umm, guys, I already worked it out.

Pete is a black-belt Jujitsuist, and not being content with stopping an armed robbery (with several roundhouse kicks), he also slapped Lee Latchford Evans uspide his face.
Fri 10/02/12 at 14:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
They're all false, just to be controversial ;-D
Fri 10/02/12 at 14:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Good idea, hope it takes off. However, we will eventually run out of members....

Show Spoiler
Fri 10/02/12 at 14:00
"possibly impossible"
I reckon 6, 9 and 10 are false.
Fri 10/02/12 at 13:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
McLong wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]
1. I was once suspended from school for fighting.

4. I am a black belt in Jujitsu.

10. I once foiled an armed robbery.

Please tell me it's these 3. That would be an awesome combo*.

*Which would be improved even more had you used your Jujitsu skills on Lee Latchford Evans.[/i]

Ha ha, you may mock ''Bruce'' Lee Latchford Evans but take it from me his 'tragedy' headshot blocking move is now the stuff of legend in Jujitsu circles.
Fri 10/02/12 at 10:03
Regular
Gonna go with Mc Long on this one
Fri 10/02/12 at 09:47
Regular
pete_21 wrote:

Please tell me it's these 3. That would be an awesome combo*.

*Which would be improved even more had you used your Jujitsu skills on Lee Latchford Evans.
Fri 10/02/12 at 09:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
OK guys, I’ll go first. Your 24 hours to take me down start…………..now!

2. I have never seen a full episode of the TV series Friends.

3. I once got mistaken for a shop assistant in B&Q but the lady
seemed so nice that I said nothing and decided to help her anyway.

5. I once got into an argument with Coronation St. actor Ryan Thomas (who apparently plays Jason Grimshaw) without realising who is was.

6. I once had a really good chat with Lee Latchford Evans (who is/was apparently in the band Steps) without realising who he was.

7. I have driven at more than double the maximum national legal speed limit on more than one occasion.

8. I once fell asleep on a long train journey and ended up 30 miles past where I needed to get off.

9. I have never owned any Nintendo gaming console of any kind.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.