GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving Lesson"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
My first in about an hour

I'ma bit nervous
Thu 10/07/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Check your left side mirror when you reverse around the corner. That's the only advice I can give.
Thu 10/07/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Had my 20th lesson yesterday, and it was just another normal, 90-minute lesson. No Mock Test, this time...

Did a lot of driving around the test centre routes for where I'll be - eventually! - taking my test, once the 6-or-7-week waiting-list has cleared. All that went alright.

But, aside from my 3-point turn - which has vastly improved from the almost-hit-the-lamp-post one of last-week - my other 2 manouveres didn't, initially, go as well as planned...

One thing I still manage to do when reversing around a corner is to pull around it too-wide, after not turning the wheel far enough, or not early enough. But, once I'm round there, I'm alright at simply straightening-up.

It took me about 3 goes before I got it almost spot-on.
My main problem, though, is that I tend to look in the left-side-mirror more than look-around out the back-window - as my instructor tells me.

My reverse-parking-thing wasn't too bad. I only really messed up because I moved too fast, and therefore, ended up miles-behind the car I had initially intended to park behind.

I still need a little practice, but I'm feeling confident for the test... pretty much. Now all I need to do is to get through a second Mock Test next Wednesday, and to BOOK my test - providing my instructor thinks I do well-enough.
Thu 03/07/03 at 20:37
Aint you passed yet???
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, get this CD, then (...you lazy, kilt-wearing Scotsman):

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/search/standard.php

Better yet, ask your instructor to see if you can get it for a "good-price", like I did... Only £6.50 for me! :D

:)
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm guessing you had 2 hour lessons

And I have one hour
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
16 lessons is only 15 hours? Bizarre. I had a total of 12 lessons, which was about 24 hours. Can you do the math? Go on, how long are the lessons?
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
No, I just haven't looked at anything yet and have been to lazy to book it.

Please... I'm a genius.
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Do you not feel ready for your Theory Test, then?

It's not that bad. Just don't go into it without having practiced the Hazard Perception element, and you'll pass it first-time. :)
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I sat my test after the 19th lesson.

I was a bit pushed for cash, i didnt want to shell out on anymore lessons.
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, no.

I've only driven for 15 hours... recommended like 30 or something.

No point rushing as I won't have a car to drive until the start of next year.

Not even done theory yet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.