GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving Lesson"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
My first in about an hour

I'ma bit nervous
Mon 22/09/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Oh, how I hope it doesn't rain on Thursday!

I found out today that my parallel-parking - something I've become very good at recently - is a lot bloody harder if your near-side mirror is all soaking-wet and hard-to-see.

My 3-point-turn is still as-good-as-ever, and I can still reverse around any corner very well, also. :)

I just anxious know. I know I can do well, I just HAVE to show it!
Fri 19/09/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, my test is now only 6-days-away...
This time next week, I could posses the power to drive ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME, all-on-my-own...!!

And in Wednesday evening's lesson, I really showed my instructor who "needs the practice with so-little time left"! :D

3 PERFECT manouveres, close-to-none in verbal help from my instructor, and only one-or-two minor mistakes... My confidence appears to be having a good effect on my driving - despite a lack of practice - with only a week left! :D

I am confident I can pass first-time.
I'm not saying that I "WILL", but I 'know' I "can".
...And, really, I have to, for so-many reasons.

:)
Fri 22/08/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
No problem! - Just like my driving lesson on Wednesday morning...

3 very-well-done manouveres, some good overall driving, and good awareness as I luckily saw some idiot come flying past me at 65-70mph+ through a bus-lane, before it was too late! :D

My instructor says it's all "coming along very nicely, now", and that all I really need to work-on is slowing down in good time, and perhaps having a greater awareness of what's going on around me.

But I'm now feeling confident I can pass first-time, just as long as my nerves don't get to me. :)
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Solskjær wrote:
> 25th September, 9:37am - This waiting is killing me!! :@

Thanks for the info Solskjaer, my Theory test looks to be set for the 27th of September. So I'll get that disc from SR and I'm gonna pass this first time.

:)
Wed 13/08/03 at 12:36
Regular
i wish i had my own field. then my dad could teach me to drive. that'd be so cool!

i'd be the popular one!!!
Wed 13/08/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you're worried about the Hazard Perception test, and you're seriously considering taking your Theory Test soon, you should get yourself the Driving Test Success CD - NOW!

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/search/standard.php

Get the top one of the 2, since it has all the questions and that aswell.

Just as long as you practice it before hand, you should find it no-problem.

I also found out that Wayne Rooney's passed his driving test on the second-attempt, and that he failed his theory test for the same number of times before finally scraping through it!
Damn that fat, ugly scouse-gimp... How can he be allowed to pass before me?!?

If he was doing it after 1st September 2003, he'd probably have failed the practical again. See, they're adding 2 addittional questions to the end of the test, about car maintainence, and how to do check things like your oil and water levels in the car; and how to change a tyre, and that.

Failing those doesn't mean you instantly fail your test, though. You'd only get two more 'Minor' mistakes of the possible 15 you need to fail the test. I found that out today, and did alright in the few questions my instructor asked me at the end of the test - even though I really don't have a clue when it comes to cars.

But most of it's all quite clearly labelled, anyway. You only really have to look under the bonnet to find the answers.

...And I'm sure all those Home Improvement episodes of watched will teach me all I need to know, also! ;D

Not a bad lesson today, either. Didn't stall, did two "brilliant" manouveres, and one that was good on the second-attempt (the parrallel-park). But I did almost come onto a roundabout with a car coming from the right, mind! :S

But I got to overtake a slow-moving bus on a 40/50mph road - Oh, how great that felt -- Foot-to-the-floor, and go!! :D

25th September, 9:37am - This waiting is killing me!! :@
Tue 05/08/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I've been taking lessons for around 10 months now. I feel as though I'm really getting it together at last, I just drive now, and I can do my manouvers perfect almost everytime now. So my Instructor has said I should send away for my theory test, and if I pass that, I reckon I'll be ready to sit my practical. The only thing worrying me is the hazard perception thing, because I've read very little about it and don't really know what to expect from it.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Had another lesson this morning, with around 7 weeks to go until I FINALLY get to take my practical test...

Another overall-good lesson, if you ask me.

I parrallel-parked well; I reversed around a sharp corner okay, and - on my second-attempt - I did a brilliant, 9-out-of-10 3-point turn (I seriously badgered the first-one, you see! :S ).

He says I still need to take more time doing manouveres and such, as I rush into them too fast, and try to get them over with too quickly.

And the same can be said for my "normal" driving: I race-around too fast when the speed-limit is lower, and don't quite go fast-enough when it picks back-up again.

But I'm starting to "read" situations much better, now. And he didn't need to moan at me as-much, today, for not checking my mirrors every now-and-then. But, I still managed to stall it (once), and I also hit the kirb on a left-turn quite nicely, too (made a nice, sharp, loud squeak, too). :D

But, at least I'm feeling confident. :)
Mon 04/08/03 at 01:42
Hmm, i dont know what you are doing in here.
I can't drive either.
Mon 04/08/03 at 01:25
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I er.. can't drive yet. So what the hell I'm doing in here I have no idea!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.