GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving Lesson"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
My first in about an hour

I'ma bit nervous
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I SHOULD've had another lesson yesterday...

But my instructor's car was making "funny noises" and so he had to go and get it checked-out, and will have to let-me-know when I CAN have my next lesson, and just-how-serious this 'problem' is.

First, he phoned-me-up in the morning to ask me if I could do the lesson a few hours earlier, due to a cancellation, and that was okay...
But then, 15-minutes-before the lesson should've begun, he was at my front-door telling me he couldn't do it.

It was dissapointing, but at least he's FINALLY given me the all-clear to go-ahead and book my test - which will 'have' to be in September, now. :)

I realised I still owe him quite a bit of money the other day, and decided to try and work out just how much it was... But, I somehow came-up with THREE different totals, and realised that within my 21/22 lessons, I had - amazingly - done about 28 hours of driving, already!

Booking my test later today. Really cannot wait, now!! :S
Tue 22/07/03 at 09:16
Regular
"  "
I have my fourth lesson today. Should think it will be more junctions again. :|
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:06
i cant be bothered to read the whole post, so did sheepy actually pass or is he still doing it or did he fail???
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
English_Bloke wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, they are called automatic cars. But they require their own
> driving licence,
>
> No they don't. You can drive an auto on a normal license, but you
> can't drive a manual if you learnt in an auto.

Thats what i meant.
Fri 18/07/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, they are called automatic cars. But they require their own
> driving licence,

No they don't. You can drive an auto on a normal license, but you can't drive a manual if you learnt in an auto.
Fri 18/07/03 at 02:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, its quite a squeek.

Makes the gear stick rattle too.
Fri 18/07/03 at 02:53
Yeah it's funny listening to the engine just lose it completely from a relatively high rev.

Another awkward moment I remember (besides stalls) is the face my instructor pulled when I took my foot off the clutch a bit early whilst changing gears - the car made one heck of a noise.
Fri 18/07/03 at 02:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
4th instead of 2nd?

You just need to keep the stick pushed to the left hand side and down. The gears seem impossible to begin with, but will seem like second nature before long, just keep practicing.
Fri 18/07/03 at 02:32
It's just that I occasoinally go into 4th gear instead of 2nd, or something like that. Although this has gotten better as I've had more lessons.
Fri 18/07/03 at 02:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Icarus wrote:
> Oh sorry not automatic, but those that have formula one style paddles
> behind the whell instead of a crappy gear stick?

Those suck, your head is thrown against the head rest as soon as you change gear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.