GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo: the year it fights back"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 00:12
Regular
Quite frankly I cant see PS2 gaining a lead throughout 2002.
Nor can I see the XBOX swelling to the front.
Nintendo will naturally bounce back with a vengence.

Sadly for Sony this is Nintendo's year and years there after.
Roll on Spring, I can't wait.
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I see your point. Sales of the GBA may be distantly related to sales of the GC in the way that some people who buy one may also get a GC as well. However, when the scores are totted up at the end of this generation to determine a "winner" (it seems so sad when you look at it like that) then it will not be sales of the GBA that count but sales of its big brother, the GameCube.
Tue 01/01/02 at 18:22
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
"Stop being pedantic. You know as well as I do it can't be included in console wars arguments;."

Heh, I did think that once too, but it appeals to such a large market, it really cannot be forgotten.

Seriously though, think. If Nintendo can make hundreds of people like a game on the GBA, [Mario Kart], and then release a new one with better graphics and so on... for the Gamecube, then that will be a huge factor to making people buy the console.

The Gameboy Advance can, will, and is being used as an advertisment for the Gamecube, and it will make more people buy it.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick when I said it before.
Tue 01/01/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"Sure it's a console, but its price and power is such that it can't be compared to a PS2, Xbox or GameCube."

TBN, I couldn't agree more, and I doubt that anybody would despute that, unless they're the one rare wacko who's been in an institution or something! Then again, size and power is not all - any corner you turn, you are likely to see an example or traces of that.
Tue 01/01/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sure it's a console, but its price and power is such that it can't be compared to a PS2, Xbox or GameCube.
Tue 01/01/02 at 17:05
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"Sorry TBN. You are wrong, the GBA is classified as a console, due to its abilty to ownly play games, its a mainstream hardware console. Much alike the Playstation, the only difference is the word "handheld"."

I'm sorry, but Joby is correct - face the facts, the GBA IS a console, like it or lump it. It's the same as a "normal" console but smaller and more compact. I can see TBN's point, where people do not classify the original Gameboy as a console, so it can be a 2-sided argument.

Love the pic TBN!

Joby, were you using another one of your "add-ons" to screw up everything I said on MSN?
Tue 01/01/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"Sorry TBN. You are wrong, the GBA is classified as a console, due to its abilty to ownly play games, its a mainstream hardware console. Much alike the Playstation, the only difference is the word "handheld"."

I'm sorry, but Joby is correct - face the facts, the GBA IS a console, like it or lump it. It's the same as a "normal" console but smaller and more compact. I can see TBN's point, where people do not classify the original Gameboy as a console, so it can be a 2-sided argument.

Love the pic TBN!

Joby, were you using another one of your "add-ons" to screw up everything I said on MSN?
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
They're both the same thing. At the end of the first world war, we were said to have won against the Germans. As it turns out, "We dominated to such a large extent that Germany was to think twice about trying to take over again at that time". They still tried again, but that doesn't mean we didn't win the first world war.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Fair enough. The Game Boy Advance is the best handheld console available. It has
> won the hand held console war. Great. Good for Nintendo. They make the best
> handheld consoles. I may even get one, when Sonic Advance comes out.

Not true. To say it has wont the handheld console war... you cannot. I would say 'Its currently dominating to such a large extent that other potential console companies think twice about releasing a console to compete with it'.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Fair enough. The Game Boy Advance is the best handheld console available. It has won the hand held console war. Great. Good for Nintendo. They make the best handheld consoles. I may even get one, when Sonic Advance comes out.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
Or†ega wrote:
> Er-no wins it with a killer there...

*wipes soot of shirt*

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.